Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

I am in same position having managed teams for 40 years, completely agree and if I kept turning in poor results and not showing any improvement I would not be in a job. I took on a job as operations manager once it was too big for me and I was paid off after 6  months and asked for the keys of the company car back. 

No regrets the job was too big for me   ring any bells 

I remember being overwhelmed by a paper- round, so I can definitely relate. That awful weight of responsibility can be such a burden.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Next game should be

Martinez 

Cash.      Chambers.     Mings.     Digne

Kamara.           Luiz

Bailey.              Buendia.         Coutinho

Watkins

Last time Emi and Phil played together they tore a hole into Man City. 

Worth trying again.

Meatball is an anvil around the neck of the club.

Or should I say Gerrard.

Sorry but anybody who starts Digne after today needs to be sectioned !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, romavillan said:

Been travelling up to Orkney from Inverness today.

How'd we play? Should I read this thread? Or should I just not look at anything in here or villa related online for a while?

No don't stay away from the moors and the internet. Goodbye

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Gerrard. I'm uncomfortable with replacing a manager after less than 3 months. I like the players he has brought in, i think some of the players he inherited are not as good as we think they are. We had nobody in the final 1/3rd anywhere near the quality of Zaha or Eze.

3 Months - He's been here since November, has had two transfer periods and a pre-season. We have gone backwards not forward. Initially, we just looked poor against the better teams under Gerrard. No we look really poor against almost everyone.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well. The question is, do we sack him now and go ahead try to save the season while it’s still early? Or do we let him make more signings and hope he turns it around?

The 3 teams we have played this season, very few of their players, would have interested us......so for me the judgment outside of Kamara and Carlos, is flawed.

Digne and Coutinho, despite their technique are lightweights and have made us more lightweight, since they arrived.

We simply have a blind spot, for players who can defend.

• Like 3

The thing about that game for me is that Palace would have thoroughly deserved it if they scored 2 or 3 more. We looked like a lower league team away in the Cup, like 'trying our best' was all anybody could reasonably ask. Bad bad bad bad bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Sadly, I have to concede.....I can't defend that excuse for a performance.

Its now happening with regularity, and I am just expecting it......something is very seriously wrong.

I can't defend SG after that.

I've seen more cohesive football on a Sunday morning. 

• Like 1

That took the biscuit for me.....I can't defend that display, it was turgid.

It wasn't too disimilar to the Bournemouth debacle.....these are not one- off's guys.

This is serious stuff, now.

We simply cannot cope with any team intent on pressing us.....what skill we have got, goes out of the window.

How many of their players, would have interested us, if they was available for sale......shows clearly lesser players, showing us the way home.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

New manager required: clueless, leaderless.

A shambles, not even a glimmer of conviction that we won’t be in a scrap at the bottom given the past 10 games.

I have supported him from the off......but I can't support that.

• Like 2

Play the team at pace like we did first half against man City and we do look electric. For some reason Gerrard don't see this? We are so slow and ponderous, he'll lose the dressing room soon enough, they have no idea out there.

Edited by foreveryoung

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â