Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

It's clear the Buendia has been much more mobile.  Rather than holding space in the middle, he has moved deep, wide and forward to make things happen.  Having said that, he's come on fresh after everyone else had been running for an hour in the heat.  I could be more active than the rest in that setup.  Don't get me wrong.  He's done well.  I just don't think Coutinho was as bad as some are implying.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Phil had a decent game, tracked and worked on the ball well. Difficult when he's double-marked. Hope it's not a serious knock. Don't scapegoat him.

yeah we're getting close to scapegoat territory here. he's doing OK. we just know what he CAN do. i feel we need to find a way of getting him and buendia on the pitch at the same time cause that could be lethal

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Not sure what you’re expecting.

More than 1 shot on target against relegation fodder is too much to ask, I guess? Keep up the happy clapping and pretend this is all ok. 

Just now, tomav84 said:

yeah we're getting close to scapegoat territory here. he's doing OK. we just know what he CAN do. i feel we need to find a way of getting him and buendia on the pitch at the same time cause that could be lethal

I think there's room for both, I'd like to see them as two 10s behind Ings - as he links so well with Emi and elevates his game.

• Like 1