Pre Match Thread

rjw63

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

Part of me wants to reply doesn't matter we'll be shit whatever'

But I'm trying to be positive so I'd say 4312

Ah yeh. I was thinking 4-1-2-1-2 tbh.

I never like trying to guess what formation we’re playing… it’s frustrating.

Edited by MCU

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

That was the general consensus against Bournemouth as it has been for the longest time. JJ and Mcginn does not work 

Oh I’m not disagreeing with you on the midfield. I’m absolutely baffled how we haven’t replaced McGinn, who is now apparently good enough to captain a team aiming for Top 8 in the Premier League.

wow, reverting back to the "trusted" 4312, i would say im surprised but im not.

I think this is evidence that Gerrard just doesnt know what he is doing, or a sign of desperation to "score goals yeahhh course", even though the system doesnt actually work well to control the ball or control possession.

• 4312....who needs to control the middle of the pitch.
  • That midfield will concede control and possession.
  • Buendia........
  • Ramsey keeps his spot after being pulled at half time in the previous game.
  • McGinn, El Capitan, need i say more.
  • Luiz not given a chance.
  • not trying 4231 with Couts, Bailey and Buendia (prob our best 3 attacking players)

Even if we win today, i just feel now, that Gerrard doesnt know what he is doing, or is choosing to die on a hill doing the same thing over and over.

Im really on the verge of being done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Probably wait until after your predicted shit performance and result before slating the manager for an interview he hasn’t actually given yet.

Exactly! A lineup can’t really be awful before a game… if it doesn’t work as some suspect then it’s a bad lineup, but surely not before the game

He doesn't know what he's doing does he. You can't keep swapping the formation and players about every week hoping to stumble onto a good thing. 

Terrible management and another reason why the risk wasn't worth taking. 

Just now, MaVilla said:

wow, reverting back to the "trusted" 4312, i would say im surprised but im not.

I think this is evidence that Gerrard just doesnt know what he is doing, or a sign of desperation to "score goals yeahhh course", even though the system doesnt actually work well to control the ball or control possession.

• 4312....who needs to control the middle of the pitch.
  • That midfield will concede control and possession.
  • Buendia........
  • Ramsey keeps his spot after being pulled at half time in the previous game.
  • McGinn, El Capitan, need i say more.
  • Luiz not given a chance.
  • not trying 4231 with Couts, Bailey and Buendia (prob our best 3 attacking players)

Even if we win today, i just feel now, that Gerrard doesnt know what he is doing, or is choosing to die on a hill doing the same thing over and over.

Im really on the verge of being done.

I'm there now. Gerrard has totally lost me, I've zero faith in him and it's not coming back regardless of result today