Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

23 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Another key injury or two and we could very well be in a real relegation battle..especially if we appoint another donkey manager. 

We are in a relegation battle not could be. 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Can’t disagree I’m afraid. A new manager will take time to uncoach Slippage G’s BS out of them. 

The new manager will have the easiest job in English football. Fans in their collective psychosis will put everything negative on Gerrard for the next two years.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

The new manager will have the easiest job in English football. Fans in their collective psychosis will put everything negative on Gerrard for the next two years.

I assume you are a Gerrard fan. Did you think he was going to be successful for us?

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Another key injury or two and we could very well be in a real relegation battle..especially if we appoint another donkey manager. 

what do they do in an interview......screech "hee haw" and see if they respond.?

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I assume you are a Gerrard fan. Did you think he was going to be successful for us?

I did.....but then, I think the next one will be too.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Unfortunately in my book we're going down.

I enjoyed it last time though. Our players were actually good enough.

On the basis of the last 3 away games.....its hard to see past it.

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

we need 11 player managers....😋

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think our players are poor too. And I already see posts where putting everything on Gerrard continues even after he's gone, and I think it'll continue for awhile.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

A new manager bounce against Brentford would go a long way to getting rid of this thread by March!

I hope we take our time, hire the right person and go again after the WC with a mini-preseason under our belts. Luckily most of our players will be home for the tournament.

Edited by AV82

16 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’re in a real spot of bother and it’s completely self inflicted through an extremely slapdash transfer policy and poor management. 

Im clinging onto hope that we’ll bring in somebody who can motivate and get something out of this group as well as the likes of Digne and Kamara coming back from injury. 

Gerrard was poor, really poor in fact, but you’re kidding yourself if you think he was the only problem. We’ve assembled a very average squad and spent huge amounts of money doing so. We have one winger who can’t be arsed, almost zero quality in midfield, two strikers who can’t score, zero pace or aerial threat in the side and almost no leadership. 

We’re a prime candidate to go down and it’ll be no more than we deserve. NSWE need to move Purslow on, just like they did Gerrard because I’m convinced he is a disaster when it comes to the footballing side of the game. 

This is a good post. I very much doubt our problems are over. Whoever you choose to blame and in what proportions, the reality is we have a badly unbalanced squad which looks bereft of confidence and without a single player on form. It's not going to be a quick fix. 

On 07/08/2022 at 14:58, Zatman said:

I think I had us down for 17 points before the World Cup break with yesterday being one of the easiest points we can get

Everton was 2nd 😞

We have actually done worse than I predicted as I cant see us getting 8 points in the next 4 gamea. What a shocking start