Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Really not sure what our style is. Gerrard keeps talking about it, but unless our style is to play badly then I don't think the style has been implemented at all. 

Things need to change at half-time. 

100% this

We are very much back to "how do Aston Villa play?" not a **** clue 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Really not sure what our style is. Gerrard keeps talking about it, but unless our style is to play badly then I don't think the style has been implemented at all. 

Things need to change at half-time. 

Been saying this for months. Where is Coutinho suppose to be getting the ball? Our full backs rarely overlap, they just wait for a pass backwards.

• Like 1

New season, same problem - midfield. Would rather see Luiz and Sanson in there than McGinn and Ramsey. Coutinho completely anonymous as a result. We really really need a top class 8 before the window shuts. Also please play Buendia, he’s really good! 

• Like 2

I think Coutinho, Ramsey and McGinn have been the worst players in that order. Kamara is now finding out what Luiz did in that those around you aren't that protective. We need to dominate centrally yet are so weak. Here's hoping for a change or two and a rocket up the arse.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Horrendous first 45...  betting SG rips into them good and wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes to start the second half.

After ripping into them he needs to go and find a mirror so he can rip into himself, he's made so many poor decisions for this game

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John said:

We've had the possession, but we didn't really look like scoring. They will be happy just to continue to sit on the lead now. Parker has them well schooled on going to ground at every opportunity as well doesn't he? We need to start the second half with Buendia!

They are letting us have it till we're halfway into their half, then as soon as they press or try and cut down our options to get the ball back we just have nothing to offer. 

Need far better movement off the ball, there's no imagination, the player with the ball has nothing on far too often.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The lack of height in our team is telling 

Halleluja!!!

We are woeful in the air, both ends and right across the pitch.

Much how I though this game, might go....so far.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Gerrard talks about style all the fuxking time and has been since day 1. What is this supposed style?! Mings loses the captaincy and benched against a huge team who acore from a set piece after 2 minutes. Coutinho starts every game and looks past it - how Buendia doesn’t start is beyond me. There is no cohesion whatsoever. Bournemouth are shit and will finish in the bottom 3. I can’t see Gerrard lasting past the mid season break. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MCU said:

All good and well Villa social media posting videos of our players prolific finishing but on the big stage they can’t do it!

Big 45 to come…

Very "me thinks the lady doth protest too much" isn't it. 

Maybe it's because our player do it so rarely that it's worth shouting about when they do.