Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sne said:

Not sure why but I expected something to happen in the season finale, anything, at all. Maybe next season.

I swear there is 10 episodes first season wasnt this the 8th?

They’ve **** it unfortunately. Season 1 was supposed to be the build up to the big war and then… nothing. Ok Rooks Rest but there’s so much to come and if they did it for budget reasons I have no idea how they’ll squeeze it all in, as I based on the timeline of 4 season it’ll be a battle/event an episode next season, bigger ones than Rooks Rest too. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I swear there is 10 episodes first season wasnt this the 8th?

According to IMDB and what I've seen this season was 8. But there is 2 more seasons coming apparently so some day something might happen. They are milking this 200 page novel worse than they did with the 3 movies The Hobbit or 2 movies final book of Twilight or Hunger Games.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

According to IMDB and what I've seen this season was 8. But there is 2 more seasons coming apparently so some day something might happen. They are milking this 200 page novel worse than they did with the 3 movies The Hobbit or 2 movies final book of Twilight or Hunger Games.

That would be odd having two episodes less than season 1 will need to see.

Two more seasons of this shit? God i think they need to end it soon. Its not been very good

So an 8 episode build up to something that will happen in 2 years time

GoT at least threw in some moments and top tier episodes every now and then

6/10 for the whole season if I'm generous, it got so much wrong but it was still enough for me to watch every week, usually on a Monday too

Not sure if there's a single really good character in it anymore 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Season 1 was incredibly dull and Season 2 has somehow been worse. The characters are all incredibly boring, the story is moving at a snails pace and I couldn't really give a shit what happens. Everything about this is so uninspired. When GoT felt slow, it worked because it felt like it was driven by character development, I honestly don't know a lot of the main characters names in this show. 

Edited by PieFacE

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Season 1 was incredibly dull and Season 2 has somehow been worse. The characters are all incredibly boring, the story is moving at a snails pace and I couldn't really give a shit what happens. Everything about this is so uninspired. When GoT felt slow, it worked because it felt like it was driven by character development, I honestly don't know a lot of the main characters names in this show. 

My thoughts exactly. As bad as season 8 of game of thrones its still been better than these two seasons.

Its been a slow boring  borefest with charchters no one cares about

Edited by Demitri_C

They had a lot of source material with a lot of cool battles to work from and they focused almost the entire season on men bad girlbosses good. The conflict isn’t Alicent vs Rhaenyra anymore but they’ve made it the entire focus  

hopefully Sara Hess gets kicked out and they manage to refocus for S3

but I struggle to see how they get 7-8 big action pieces (which is what they need) if they could only afford 2 this season 

book spoilers 

Spoiler

Off the top of my head 

The Gullet

Fall of KL

Butchers ball 

tumbleton 1

tumbleton 2

dragonpit 

gods eye 

honey wine 

red fork

Dragonstone 

and that’s all before Rhaenyra’s death which would be mid season 4 by the timeline they’re working on. How on earth will they do it? Unless they make it offscreen like the Bloody Mill

Seems to be a trend with TV lately, entire seasons where pretty much nothing happens.

I don't mind stretching out source material, but at least pad that extra time with character development. We got nothing this season. A bunch of empty, whiny conversations that keep repeating between the same people and neither party changes. The only time something meaningufl ever happened were the 2 instances Rhaenyra and Alicent spoke and one of those was literally for the climax of the whole season.

I had such high hopes for this show after season 1, was truly a great season. Lots of great character growth and interaction. I think I'll just read the book now. Not waiting 2 years for nothing again.

• Like 2

I don't think I've yawned so much in a finale of a TV series/season before. It really was quite poor and ultimately felt like a complete waste of time. Now we have to wait a few years again.

Wish I held off watching, because by the time season 3 comes around I won't be able to remember the 50-60 minutes worth of what felt meaningless dialogue that the the majority of the recent episodes have produced. 

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Seems to be a trend with TV lately, entire seasons where pretty much nothing happens.

I don't mind stretching out source material, but at least pad that extra time with character development. We got nothing this season. A bunch of empty, whiny conversations that keep repeating between the same people and neither party changes. The only time something meaningufl ever happened were the 2 instances Rhaenyra and Alicent spoke and one of those was literally for the climax of the whole season.

I had such high hopes for this show after season 1, was truly a great season. Lots of great character growth and interaction. I think I'll just read the book now. Not waiting 2 years for nothing again.

Read it and you'll see why the decisions they made are so baffling. They have so much great content!

I can't get my head around them cutting 

Spoiler

The Gullet

&

The fall of KL

from this season. it makes perfect sense in the context of Blood and Cheese and Rooks Rest. 

• Like 1

on-late-changes-to-the-structure-of-seas

Confirms they cut off episode 9 and 10 (which would have completed changed the season)

Spoiler

Gullet episode 9

Fall of FL episode 10

What a waste :( 

• 4 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â