Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I know it's a mad thought but I just have this feeling in my waters that Haaland will blank, or even that he may get rested for a game and it's based on absolutely nothing

if we defend like we did last week though....

Just now, tomav84 said:

if we defend like we did last week though....

Yep, I know but it's our game I think he might get rested for with the "bigger" game in midweek

I'll probably go with Haaland though, it's just a mad Friday morning thought.

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, I know but it's our game I think he might get rested for with the "bigger" game in midweek

I'll probably go with Haaland though, it's just a mad Friday morning thought.

i think he's more of a minutes risk than a risk of being benched. if they're 2 or 3 up at half time/60 mins he'll be subbed

• Like 1

i must need my head examined but i've brought nunez in for martial. to be fair, no one can deny that's still an upgrade!

also did shaw to akanji for a -4

Edited by tomav84

On 09/02/2023 at 08:53, Stevo985 said:

8 green arrows in a row and I've gone from 2.7m to 1.1m. Can't complain with that. Back to thinking I might actually be able to scrape a half decent rank out of this

This has also meant I’ve won my last 7 head to heads in our league and somehow sit 5th 😂

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What an utterly shit week so far

join the club. my week rests on akanji and nunez

kane blanking is a result in itself for me

naturally i have toney on the bench too don't i

Edited by tomav84

taking a -4 to do shaw to akanji is looking like one heck of a balls up as things stand

after 4 consecutive green arrows i find myself relying upon nunez to save my week...which isn't a place anyone wants to find themselves in

so brighton and brentford double in 27, and both blank in 28, then probably the biggest DGW in 29. anyone considering using chips early?

my team suddenly needs a bit of surgery so i'm considering WC 27, FH 28, BB (probably) 29

means i can struggle through to 26, and build a solid team for the doubles of 27 and 29

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so brighton and brentford double in 27, and both blank in 28, then probably the biggest DGW in 29. anyone considering using chips early?

my team suddenly needs a bit of surgery so i'm considering WC 27, FH 28, BB (probably) 29

means i can struggle through to 26, and build a solid team for the doubles of 27 and 29

I need to decide a chip strategy. I can get through 25 no problem. So it's whether I use my FH in 28 or save it (I think 31 is going to be a big blank too)

There should also be a big DGW towards the end of the season which is traditionally where I play my wildcard and BB. But that might not be aggressive enough this season given my shit position

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I need to decide a chip strategy. I can get through 25 no problem. So it's whether I use my FH in 28 or save it (I think 31 is going to be a big blank too)

There should also be a big DGW towards the end of the season which is traditionally where I play my wildcard and BB. But that might not be aggressive enough this season given my shit position

we might well find out before GW 29 deadline how the DGW 34 is looking so BB is still up in the air for me. but i've got too much i want to change whilst also wanting to target brighton and brentford players

this could all just be reactionary to a bad week and i could feel totally differently once martinelli hauls tomorrow night

Despite the above, the game last night completely saved me.

Finally getting a haul from KDB and then owning Haaland and Saka as well just tipped me back onto a green arrow.

9 green arrows in a row and only 2 points off the top million. My recovery from my worst ever FPL start continues.

Anything inside 500k now and I'll be thrilled

Edited by Stevo985

Yep, captaining KDB paid off.  Not sure what to do with it this week though, I fear some Pep Roulette at home to Forest.

Definitely bringing Shaw off the bench though!

Edited by Wainy316

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Could have been worse, you could have transferred in Rico Lewis :) 

did you at least have someone come off the bench?

i've decided i'm definitely wildcarding GW27. i've suddenly got a lot of fires to fight. akanji has lost his place. chilwell started last night so that's cucurella done. martinelli keeps getting subbed and you'd think a start for trossard is around the corner

and i've still got 5 players blanking in 25