Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

96 for me, but without playing the TC, so very happy with that. 

I also worked out that playing the TC chip on Haaland instead of Rashford only cost me 12 points, which I can live with.

That chip is really over valued

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I also worked out that playing the TC chip on Haaland instead of Rashford only cost me 12 points, which I can live with.

i'm guessing that most will have played it after this week

As much as I'd love to turn Martinelli and Bailey into Odegaard and Saka, it gives me 8 front players and a benching nightmare, so I think it'll be Martinelli and Shaw into Saka and Gabriel. That helps the defence in future weeks too.  Although even at that I'm nervous of what Shaw can do against Leeds, after getting 6pts despite conceding twice last night.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah small fry.  I lost 12 points a few weeks ago by having the nerve to leave Bailey on the bench.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Do I swap Bruno back for De Bruyne just for this double gameweek (which includes a guaranteed point haul against us) 🤔

I'd say no. I'm hoping to go KDB to Bruno after the Man U blank week

KDB is less nailed on than he has been and is blanking an awful lot. I'm only keeping him right now because I have other fish to fry right now. Even if KDB plays a full 90 both games, it's highly likely on current form to be just 4 points, Bruno could easily outscore him despite the double

1 minute ago, bickster said:

KDB is less nailed on than he has been and is blanking an awful lot. I'm only keeping him right now because I have other fish to fry right now. Even if KDB plays a full 90 both games, it's highly likely on current form to be just 4 points, Bruno could easily outscore him despite the double

All valid points but......Villa

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

That's kind of my thinking. He was very dangerous last night and was unlucky not to return. I think he will fancy his chances on Sunday in the return fixture and I wouldn't bet against him in any match on this form. Plus he's a 90 minutes per match man. Something KDB definitely is not. But it could also bite me in the arse. Ho hum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Do I swap Bruno back for De Bruyne just for this double gameweek (which includes a guaranteed point haul against us) 🤔

i guess it also depends how many players you have blanking in 25? i've got like 7...so i'm looking at transferring out 2 of my man u players. if you don't have too many blanking in 25 then bruno to KDB probably isn't a priority IMO

1 hour ago, bickster said:

kql25c50m5ha1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

call me deluded, but that gives me optimism for nunez! he's getting in the right spots just not putting the thing in the bloody net!

i've been playing around with future transfers this evening, and i actually think it's very do-able to navigate 28 and 29 without free hits. looking at ben crenlin's spreadsheet:

arsenal - good single fixtures both 28 and 29

villa - good GW 28 fixture, possible double 29, then good GW 30 fixture

chelsea - good GW 28 fixture, possible double 29, then OK GW 30 fixture

newcastle - good GW 28 fixture, possible double 29, then OK GW 30 fixture

liverpool - if leeds beat fulham in the cup (likely) they will have good GW 28 fixture and possible double 29

i think it's more than possible to load up on players from the above teams, meaning the free hit is saved for the bigger DGW. adding to that, GW32 is going to be potentially a tougher blank GW to navigate, so FH might be better used there

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

call me deluded, but that gives me optimism for nunez! he's getting in the right spots just not putting the thing in the bloody net!

That has been his problem the whole time

12 hours ago, bickster said:

kql25c50m5ha1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Usually I'd jump all over Darwin with these numbers, but there's a point where you go over the line from unlucky to "can't finish". And Darwin is over that line

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Usually I'd jump all over Darwin with these numbers, but there's a point where you go over the line from unlucky to "can't finish". And Darwin is over that line

Completely agree, I did jump on him because of his stats. He couldn't finish a 2 year olds jigsaw, got rid

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anyone making any brave captaincy choices this week?

I'm currently on Haaland but I'm seriously thinking I may need to take a punt on Nketiah

I’m toying with Saka or Odegaard

But I’ll probably go safe with Haaland

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m toying with Saka or Odegaard

But I’ll probably go safe with Haaland

I know it's a mad thought but I just have this feeling in my waters that Haaland will blank, or even that he may get rested for a game and it's based on absolutely nothing