Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this would happen anyway when your players play each other...its the nature of the game

if you had double chelsea defence plus mitrovic last friday you would've been hoping that he blanks

In that case you'd be hoping he blanks, but with the case of captains with large EO you'd be happy if they scored negative points. That goes beyond the nature of the game.

33 minutes ago, a-k said:

ARS EVE LEI WOL get DGW25

Liverpool double not Leicester and they play Palace and Wolves.

Strangely though I don't want any of their players when last year that would've been a triple.

Arsenal triple makes sense any maybe some Wolves.

14 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Strangely though I don't want any of their players when last year that would've been a triple.

most people probably have triple arsenal anyway for this week

i was scratching my head to think of a martial replacement so with this news i might have to give nunez another chance....

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

most people probably have triple arsenal anyway for this week

i was scratching my head to think of a martial replacement so with this news i might have to give nunez another chance....

I took a gamble on him recently and he's stunk up my team. Was planning to ditch ASAP but might wait now. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah dunno what I was thinking there 😂

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

A Liverpool double and I couldn’t be less interested in any of them. 

Yeah some of the Youtubers suggesting people take a punt on Darwin and bringing in Salah for KDB in the DGW hasn't got me remotely interested

This week I think it'll be the Martinelli for Odegaard or possibly Saka (I can just about do it) switch

After that I have my eyes on shifting Amiron and De Gea out in subsequent weeks which should see me negotiate GW25 with at least a full team playing and at least 4 players for the DGW teams

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah some of the Youtubers suggesting people take a punt on Darwin and bringing in Salah for KDB in the DGW hasn't got me remotely interested

This week I think it'll be the Martinelli for Odegaard or possibly Saka (I can just about do it) switch

After that I have my eyes on shifting Amiron and De Gea out in subsequent weeks which should see me negotiate GW25 with at least a full team playing and at least 4 players for the DGW teams

i'm probably going to bring in darwin, mainly because i own martial and i don't fancy anyone else (can't afford kane). mitro is possible but if they win tonight then they're probably blanking in 28 plus he's not returned in weeks.

the martinelli thing is interesting. seeing a lot of folks transferring him out but i do think he's going to remain first choice. i already own him and odegaard and i've got much bigger fires to fight than him

my main decision to make this week is which 3rd city player to bring in. it's between ake and akanji and i kinda feel that whomever i choose will end up getting benched

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm probably going to bring in darwin, mainly because i own martial and i don't fancy anyone else (can't afford kane). mitro is possible but if they win tonight then they're probably blanking in 28 plus he's not returned in weeks.

the martinelli thing is interesting. seeing a lot of folks transferring him out but i do think he's going to remain first choice. i already own him and odegaard and i've got much bigger fires to fight than him

my main decision to make this week is which 3rd city player to bring in. it's between ake and akanji and i kinda feel that whomever i choose will end up getting benched

Akanji is both a differential and has started every game and only been subbed twice, one of those was at half time in GW19 which was ahead of DGW20 in which he played the full 90 in both games. He's as nailed on as a Man City player gets

If you don't have a third Arsenal player Nketiah for the upfront slot is a good choice because Jesus isn't coming back any time soon.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Akanji is both a differential and has started every game and only been subbed twice, one of those was at half time in GW19 which was ahead of DGW20 in which he played the full 90 in both games. He's as nailed on as a Man City player gets

If you don't have a third Arsenal player Nketiah for the upfront slot is a good choice because Jesus isn't coming back any time soon.

already got 3 arsenal so nketiah isn't really viable

i know it's not a good source of info but saw a few murmurings of annoyance from city fans towards akanji so not sure if he's liable to be dropped. that being said i think stones isn't back for a while and laporte seems to be another cancelo situation and has fallen out with pep...apparently...so i reckon both he and ake are probably both safe

Monster week for me. 110pts and a climb from 356k to 130k. Highest rank of the season. Hopefully all those who have used up their chips too soon will start to fall away now once the weeks get trickier. For example, 50% of the top 10k have already used their free hit. I won't get that high but that'll tell you, some of the positions up there may be slightly elevated at the moment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Monster week for me. 110pts and a climb from 356k to 130k. Highest rank of the season. Hopefully all those who have used up their chips too soon will start to fall away now once the weeks get trickier. For example, 50% of the top 10k have already used their free hit. I won't get that high but that'll tell you, some of the positions up there may be slightly elevated at the moment.

wow...very well done. what was your GW rank? must be right up there?

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

wow...very well done. what was your GW rank? must be right up there?

64k. There'll be some whopper scores this week.

• Like 1

Yeah, many 100 pointers this week. The Rashford TC big pay off.

77 points myself and a 30k red arrow. Not the end of the world. 

Triple Arsenal and double City for next GW as it stands. My main issue is Martial, he absolutely needs to **** off. 

96 for me, but without playing the TC, so very happy with that. 

450k green arrow and back to just outside the top 1m

8 green arrows in a row and I've gone from 2.7m to 1.1m. Can't complain with that. Back to thinking I might actually be able to scrape a half decent rank out of this

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 07:32, bickster said:

I'll probably do KDB to Salah just because of the double and because KDB is doing absolutely nothing to justify the money. 

But I'm really doing it for the sake of it

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll probably do KDB to Salah just because of the double and because KDB is doing absolutely nothing to justify the money. 

But I'm really doing it for the sake of it

Yeah I thought about that but right now I'm considering Martinelli to Saka and that will take every cent of my available funds. That move could be done if I changed to Odegaard but Saka is more of a differential for me and Arsenal must be due a penalty soon

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah I thought about that but right now I'm considering Martinelli to Saka and that will take every cent of my available funds. That move could be done if I changed to Odegaard but Saka is more of a differential for me and Arsenal must be due a penalty soon

Haha our thoguhts are along the same lines. I'm doing Almiron and Bruno to Odegaard and Saka this week (I had Martinelli last week but moved him to Bruno for the double)

Luckily I've got a bit in the bank to fund the KDB to Salah move.

But yeah I'd agree with you that prioritising the arsenal boys is more important than getting Salah

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Haha our thoguhts are along the same lines. I'm doing Almiron and Bruno to Odegaard and Saka this week (I had Martinelli last week but moved him to Bruno for the double)

Luckily I've got a bit in the bank to fund the KDB to Salah move.

But yeah I'd agree with you that prioritising the arsenal boys is more important than getting Salah

Almiron is next on my chop lIst, then De Gea

• Like 1