Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

43 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Anyone got any tips on when to play Bench Boost. I've got really easy fixtures for my whole squad next GW (23) but thinking there might be a massive double GW later in the season?

wait for a double GW 100%. GW 34 will be a big double

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Up 125k after the Friday game to 231k 😁 I'll take all the good news I can get after a horrible run.

i benched cucurella because he hasn't been a nailed on starter but kepa has got me off to a good start

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hoping Haaland blanks now and Rashford continues to score in midweek. Lots of people in our money league appear to have stuck with Haaland on captain

even though i have rashford as captain he's over 200% effective ownership due to the amount of triple captains. haaland over 100% EO so i'm in a weird situation where i want 2 players i own to score as little as possible

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

even though i have rashford as captain he's over 200% effective ownership due to the amount of triple captains. haaland over 100% EO so i'm in a weird situation where i want 2 players i own to score as little as possible

It's a shitty position to be in. Effectively not wanting to enjoy a match, but it is what it is. 

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Why I don't like the whole captain thing un general. You should never want one of your own players to not score.

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Why I don't like the whole captain thing un general. You should never want one of your own players to not score.

it's good in the sense that i'm still in a good place for my mini leagues, but for overall rank any points rashford or haaland get is bad for me

but don't get me wrong, it's better than not having them at all

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's good in the sense that i'm still in a good place for my mini leagues, but for overall rank any points rashford or haaland get is bad for me

but don't get me wrong, it's better than not having them at all

But if you didn't need to worry about captain (let alone triple) then you'd be hoping every player you have does well. 

We both have Rashford. I've TCd him so I hope he gets a hatrick. You haven't captained him so better for you if he actually scored a hatrick of own goals followed by a red.

Be a better game without those chips.

58 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

that's definitely an interesting debate, but ultimately that's what separates the winners. it's who used their chips better. i played my TC in GW20 knowing that haaland had another double GW in 23...had i waited, i would've had it available when the utd double was announced and probably would've played it this week on rashford. ultimately it was my decision that i'm now paying for

there's a case for both sides, but i think overall i'm in favour of them

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

that's definitely an interesting debate, but ultimately that's what separates the winners. it's who used their chips better. i played my TC in GW20 knowing that haaland had another double GW in 23...had i waited, i would've had it available when the utd double was announced and probably would've played it this week on rashford. ultimately it was my decision that i'm now paying for

there's a case for both sides, but i think overall i'm in favour of them

To me the basics of the game is picking a squad of players to then field 11 of them. If there's something in the game which makes you want one of these players to not score points then to me it goes against this fundamental element. 

But it's just a game and if it makes more people enjoy it than dislike it then that's great.

23 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

But if you didn't need to worry about captain (let alone triple) then you'd be hoping every player you have does well. 

We both have Rashford. I've TCd him so I hope he gets a hatrick. You haven't captained him so better for you if he actually scored a hatrick of own goals followed by a red.

I disagree. I think the chips add to the game. The only thing I disagree with is the vice captain. Pick your captain and live and die by it. That safety net bullshit is horrible.

• Like 1

martial not playing tomorrow night so wont have played a minute of the DGW. that little gamble has been a total disaster and i cannot wait to transfer him out

the question is to whom?

23 hours ago, BOF said:

I disagree. I think the chips add to the game. The only thing I disagree with is the vice captain. Pick your captain and live and die by it. That safety net bullshit is horrible.

I do agree with you, but a massive downside of that is the not wanting your players to do well depending on their EO. I hate that element of it

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I do agree with you, but a massive downside of that is the not wanting your players to do well depending on their EO. I hate that element of it

The other chips (bench boost, freezing, wildcard) I'm all for as they encourage your whole team to do well.

The captain chip often leads to situations which make you want one of your players to do bad which makes no sense to me.

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The other chips (bench boost, freezing, wildcard) I'm all for as they encourage your whole team to do well.

The captain chip often leads to situations which make you want one of your players to do bad which makes no sense to me.

this would happen anyway when your players play each other...its the nature of the game

if you had double chelsea defence plus mitrovic last friday you would've been hoping that he blanks