Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so cancelo heading for another price drop. already lost 0.2 on him and i'm not sure i want to lose any more but don't want to make an early transfer when there's a lot of football to play before the deadline. decisions....

You just know that as soon as you drop him he comes good again.

29 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You just know that as soon as you drop him he comes good again.

possibly. but i don't see him being worth the money this season. he was worth it when he was a nailed on starter but he was an unused sub the other day. something clearly up between him and pep

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

so cancelo heading for another price drop. already lost 0.2 on him and i'm not sure i want to lose any more but don't want to make an early transfer when there's a lot of football to play before the deadline. decisions....

Akanji is almost ever present in the league since City bought him, something I haven't seen said by any FPL pundits

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Akanji is almost ever present in the league since City bought him, something I haven't seen said by any FPL pundits

laporte and dias are both fit again which might impact his minutes. i hear what you're saying though and if akanji plays, he tends to get either 0 or 90 mins so less risk of the 1 pointer

my plan is still to bring ederson in for my 3rd city spot. gives me him, KDB and haaland. i'd say they're about as nailed as city players get

50 minutes ago, a-k said:

Rodrigo out for a DGW and more, great

Who do you have your idea on from the January transfers? Keeping an eye on Mudryk, Tete, and Onuachu myself

alex moreno was basically playing as a left winger vs southampton. we've got a nice run of games coming up if he nails down a starting place he could be good

• Like 2

andreas to odegaard and estupinan for cancelo for me this week

how's everyone's teams looking for GW25? i have 7 players (estupinan, mitoma, trippier, toney, shaw, martial, and rashford) all blanking.

current thoughts:

GW23 - toney to mitro and shaw to akaje or ake

GW24 - roll

GW25 - estupinan and martial for watkins and a villa defender

18 hours ago, a-k said:

Rodrigo out for a DGW and more, great

Who do you have your idea on from the January transfers? Keeping an eye on Mudryk, Tete, and Onuachu myself

Chelsea. Mudryk, Félix and one of James and Chilwell. I'm currently doubled up on them defensively though (Kepa, Thiago) so we will see.

15 hours ago, tomav84 said:

andreas to odegaard and estupinan for cancelo for me this week

how's everyone's teams looking for GW25? i have 7 players (estupinan, mitoma, trippier, toney, shaw, martial, and rashford) all blanking.

current thoughts:

GW23 - toney to mitro and shaw to akaje or ake

GW24 - roll

GW25 - estupinan and martial for watkins and a villa defender

25's not the problem. 28 is.

For 25 I have 3 United and Trippier, so it's easy enough to navigate. 28 is liable to be an absolute horror show. If it goes by bookies odds I currently have 8 out, but they might even double in 29. I think I'll ignore 28 and build around the doubles for 29 and dead end into 32. I'll use the free hit for 28. Wildcard 33 and bench boost in either 34 or 37. That's the current thinking.

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

For 25 I have 3 United and Trippier, so it's easy enough to navigate. 28 is liable to be an absolute horror show. If it goes by bookies odds I currently have 8 out, but they might even double in 29. I think I'll ignore 28 and build around the doubles for 29 and dead end into 32. I'll use the free hit for 28. Wildcard 33 and bench boost in either 34 or 37. That's the current thinking.

100% agree on WC 33 ready for BB 34. 28 i was hoping to navigate without free hit but not even thinking about that at the moment!

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

100% agree on WC 33 ready for BB 34. 28 i was hoping to navigate without free hit but not even thinking about that at the moment!

I was originally thinking I'd navigate 28 without free hit and then free hit 29 for the doubles, but that probably means gutting my team in the run-up to 28 compromising it in every other week aswell (including afterwards). I'll probably want those players in my team every week other than 28, so it makes more sense in my situation to treat 28 as the outlier rather than 29. But again, all of the above is prefaced by "current" thinking.

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

GW28 - Free Hit Definitely, undecided on rest

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

I was originally thinking I'd navigate 28 without free hit and then free hit 29 for the doubles, but that probably means gutting my team in the run-up to 28 compromising it in every other week aswell (including afterwards). I'll probably want those players in my team every week other than 28, so it makes more sense in my situation to treat 28 as the outlier rather than 29. But again, all of the above is prefaced by "current" thinking.

i guess a lot of it depends on what doubles we get in 29. looking at my team, based on my planned transfers to get through 25, i can navigate 28 fairly easily. but as you say it could impact how my team looks afterwards. if i can get through 28 i could always play the wildcard for 29 rather than 33 meaning i'll have the free hit to use in 37.

44 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Despite wanting to bin him off for a few GWs now, I'm kinda leaning towards keeping Martial over a 1 week Bruno transfer and just bringing in Odegaard instead.

Feel like I could really miss out though.

done exactly the same. he'll get minutes this week no doubt

• Like 1