Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

12 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Anyone else feel the joy for the game sapping away now that there's so many tools available help people out? Monitoring and planning transfers based on price rises being an example, feels more like a job than a bit of fun.

Planning is no longer much of an asset. The official app spoonfeeds players all the information anyway. 

There was a time where you’d make massive gains on DGWs, but these days the app tells everyone about it anyway

On 05/01/2023 at 21:00, tomav84 said:

this is the first season i've used such tools as i didn't know they existed.

regarding fun, i posted the other day that this season definitely feels less fun as the template is doing so well. when you try and have a bit of fun and take a risk it rarely pays off.

that said i captained rashford this week which has gone well

I think this has been the case for a couple of seasons. They need to make the pricing more competitive, there's no real skill gap to the game anymore. There's only about 4 forwards to pick from as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Almost tempted to captain Rashford and hope Haaland has a stinker

really considering triple captaining haaland. i think the other double gameweeks that we'll likely get will require other chips to be used plus his minutes will be fairly secure this week

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

really considering triple captaining haaland. i think the other double gameweeks that we'll likely get will require other chips to be used plus his minutes will be fairly secure this week

Same. They also have less of a chance of doubles towards the end of the season now

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Same. They also have less of a chance of doubles towards the end of the season now

yeah i was like 50/50 before last night now i'm more like 70/30

• Like 1

Same here on the Haarland TC, last week was the end of the quarter for my money league and I had no chance of the quarterly prize. Gw20 is the start of a new quarter so considering the boost as an eartly leg up this quarter

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Martial not spotted in any training photos and Stones not fully fit. I need some informative press conferences today!

darwin injured too apparently. i've gone from being in a good place for this week so suddenly having some fires!

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Martial not spotted in any training photos and Stones not fully fit. I need some informative press conferences today!

That would be typical for my season. I've already done my -4. I've had 6 red arrows in 8 weeks. I'm going through the motions at this stage.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

i remain hopeful on martial. ten hag has previously alluded to be being cautious with any fitness issues regarding martial, so any knock he probably stops him training. he could still be fine

edit: sounds like martial trained this morning so looking promising

Edited by tomav84

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i remain hopeful on martial. ten hag has previously alluded to be being cautious with any fitness issues regarding martial, so any knock he probably stops him training. he could still be fine

edit: sounds like martial trained this morning so looking promising

Yeah I’ll probably keep him. Stones doesn’t sound ready so I’ll probably get Doherty instead.