Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

White subbed in the 59th minute. Arteta you are an absolute criminal. 

Yeah this is very annoying. Especially As they conceded a few minutes later. Would have been perfect. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

anyone considering gakpo for 8m?

not yet

I do think its bad news for Salah fans though as I reckon it will mean Salah playing further back and wide again like he was for the first part of the season

I have just done Darwin out for Mitrovic though

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I have just done Darwin out for Mitrovic though

could be my downfall but i'm not ready to do this yet. fulham have some horrible fixtures coming up plus he's on 4 yellows

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

could be my downfall but i'm not ready to do this yet. fulham have some horrible fixtures coming up plus he's on 4 yellows

As long as he doesn't get a yellow against Leicester he's clear for both games, I can then transfer him again if he gets a yellow against Chelsea as I'm not going anything with the excess money. If he stays yellow free in the two games this GW then I'll consider my next move as I'll still have the two free transfers and the excess couple of million to play with, which then brings me onto your other question of Gakpo. It'd doubtful he'll play until Liverpool's cup game and at least that gives us a chance to see how they line up and how he plays before making a decision. This deffo isn't the gameweek to buy him

captaincy for GW19 is a real head scratcher. i have 2 chelsea defenders in cucurella and kepa but i have zero faith in a chelsea clean sheet in either of their games

the only fulham player i have is andreas but not loving his chances of a haul and i'm not bringing in mitro when fulham have tough games ahead

haaland has a tough away game but with this chelsea defence he may actually be an option. plus you tend to see a reaction from city when they have a bad result

as it stands i'm on rashford as he's flying at the moment, definitely going to start providing he doesn't oversleep for another meeting, and bournemouth are utter gash. the downside is that haaland will still likely be the majority pick meaning he'll have >100% EO and i don't like the idea of wishing a player i own to blank.

52 point week meaning my good run has come to an end and a first red arrow since GW6. A 47k drop unfortunately. 

KDB bit annoying but can't really get rid before his double. 2 FTs which I'm not entirely sure what to do with yet. 

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

52 point week meaning my good run has come to an end and a first red arrow since GW6. A 47k drop unfortunately. 

KDB bit annoying but can't really get rid before his double. 2 FTs which I'm not entirely sure what to do with yet. 

Same here. My original plan was Zaha --> Maddison but that's not happening anymore

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Can't wait to take Nunez out and watch him score a hat trick the game after.

i thought that but honestly, i don't see there being much danger in it. in fact i can see his position being at risk once gakpo is up to speed and luiz is back. the guy's not good enough. my issue is who to bring in. i don't like mitrovic's fixtures. brentford's next 3 are decent but there's this imminent ban hanging over toney. callum wilson is possible i guess but seems a bit of a sicknote. southampton have OK fixtures but their strikers are utter shite.

i reckon i'm just going to struggle through to the next wildcard doing 2/3 week punts and then go 2 up top i think with a 4.5m bench fodder and just reinvest the remaining money in the midfield

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i don't like mitrovic's fixtures

Already scored against Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs this season. His fixtures don't bother me. He has a knack of getting the consolation goal