Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Who says Ward is insurance btw? I managed to pick him for quite a few clean sheets ahead of Pope in the last 5 or 6 gameweeks :mrgreen: 

Last time out he scored 11 iirc

I know but that's the point. It's easier to choose a not nailed Chelsea if you know you've a playing sub, and you have the option of rotating. I wouldn't go Kepa if I had Iversen as sub for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I know but that's the point. It's easier to choose a not nailed Chelsea if you know you've a playing sub, and you have the option of rotating. I wouldn't go Kepa if I had Iversen as sub for example.

This is precisely why I'm happy ditching Pope for Kepa.

6 hours ago, a-k said:

It's the Pep roulette + fixture jam that's swinging it towards Salah for me

Latest draft has me going rogue with Kane and Foden and no Salah or KDB...can't wait for this deadline to pass 😅

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Latest draft has me going rogue with Kane and Foden and no Salah or KDB...can't wait for this deadline to pass 😅

Foden is much more susceptible to Pep roulette compared to KDB, trust me, I dropped KDB and brought in Foden in about GW10

So I went with the team above but swapped out Guaita for Kepa

Now my selection dilemas for this week, I'm playing 3-4-3 so I have to decide between;

• Doubling up Arsenal defence and playing Gabriel and White (WHU - H) or splitting them and going Gabriel with Walker (LEE - A)
  • In midfield it's either Almiron (LEI - A) or Andreas (CRY - A)

Current thinking is double Arsenal defence and Almiron because with Mitrovic out there's less of a target for assists and I think FUlham will generally be poorer without him

I'm also genuinely considering captaining Darwin not Haaland because they are playing us and we have FFS in goal

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

So I went with the team above but swapped out Guaita for Kepa

Now my selection dilemas for this week, I'm playing 3-4-3 so I have to decide between;

• Doubling up Arsenal defence and playing Gabriel and White (WHU - H) or splitting them and going Gabriel with Walker (LEE - A)
  • In midfield it's either Almiron (LEI - A) or Andreas (CRY - A)

Current thinking is double Arsenal defence and Almiron because with Mitrovic out there's less of a target for assists and I think FUlham will generally be poorer without him

I'm also genuinely considering captaining Darwin not Haaland because they are playing us and we have FFS in goal

arsenal are pretty solid at the emirates

did i also hear that both west ham strikers are doubts?

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

did i also hear that both west ham strikers are doubts?

Not looked at much in the way of opposition fitness tbh

Goes to check... they have a chance but are doubtful. Decision made. Double Arsenal defence

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Foden is much more susceptible to Pep roulette compared to KDB, trust me, I dropped KDB and brought in Foden in about GW10

Now on KDB and Darwin...still time to tinker before the deadline 😅

• Haha 1

Gone with no Liverpool again. It might come back to bite me today but going forward I'm not having it with Salah and Nunez, don't understand why a lot of people seem desperate to get them in. I've stuck with KDB.

Nice early points from Almiron, Trippier and Kane currently, it's like we never left. 

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Gone with no Liverpool again. It might come back to bite me today but going forward I'm not having it with Salah and Nunez, don't understand why a lot of people seem desperate to get them in.

Because with Liverpools injury list they are both nailed on to play up front. Salah whilst playing every game was playing wide in most of the first 16 weeks and Nunex had a troubled start but his stats when he does play are rather good

I went with KDB over Salah because of the extra games but I can see why people plumped for Salah. I did go for Nunez though (as a third striker to Kane and Haaland)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Last minute I swapped out Mitrovic and Salah. Annoying

mitro was a major doubt. totally understandable. therefore his haul doesn't really affect the rankings too much

trippier has killed me this week. i need someone to be injured and miss their game from my remaining players