Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

The Second Chance league will begin in Gameweek 17, with all FPL managers - whether you are already playing, or new to the game – automatically added to the new league and starting with zero points.

Like the "Overall" global league, Second Chance will reward the top five managers at the end of the season with prizes, including hospitality tickets to a 2023/24 Premier League match along with travel and accommodation, a Bluetooth speaker, an FPL goody bag, and more!

Exclusive to Second Chance is also a prize for the manager who achieves the single highest Gameweek score without using a chip between Gameweeks 17-38.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2978285

Right, I've watched 2 catch-up videos and GW17 transfer videos and I'm kinda back in Premier League headspace. I've looked at my previous 7 drafts and I think I'm kind of ready to have another go at it :) 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Right, I've watched 2 catch-up videos and GW17 transfer videos and I'm kinda back in Premier League headspace. I've looked at my previous 7 drafts and I think I'm kind of ready to have another go at it :) 

whose videos do you follow out of interest?

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

whose videos do you follow out of interest?

I just watched Andy on Let's Talk FPL and BigManBakar on Fantasy Football Hub. Just to get me back into the right mode and mood :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

never heard of him till today's lets talk FPL video - definitely seems like a useful guy to follow

If you play FPL and you don't follow Crellin then you're doing it wrong

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If you play FPL and you don't follow Crellin then you're doing it wrong

Since I started watching the YouTubers this season I realised I've been doing fpl wrong for years!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I have 9 of the players listed in the guessed template above. I don't think that the template is going anywhere sadly. 

i've changed a couple of players to a couple of gambles because it was identical to a youtuber. ultimately it's still a game so i want it to be fun

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Just pissing around, not final by any means, leaves me 0.3 in the bank

Screenshot 2022-12-23 123344.png

I'd probably go Arzi ... Arizbal ..... I'd probably go Kepa instead of Guaita with the insurance of Ward. But yeah that's a good side. The front 8 is nice because you've gone without Cancelo.

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

because you've gone without Cancelo.

Cancello doesn't offer much more than Walker imo, now Walker is fit again both are pretty much the ever presents at the back. The price differential for me is 2.4 mil so its a no brainer swap out (He'll only play in Europe now I've said that :D

I'd probably go Kepa instead of Guaita

Also under consideration, I think he'll be first choice under Potter its just whether he's fit. I'll be researching that later

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cancello doesn't offer much more than Walker imo, now Walker is fit again both are pretty much the ever presents at the back. The price differential for me is 2.4 mil so its a no brainer swap out (He'll only play in Europe now I've said that :D )

We'll disagree on that one. With the abundance of centre backs who can play everywhere, I think Walker is always liable to be dropped at any point, even if it's Cancelo moving across. Cancelo is a lock, and with his big chance creation he's also a bonus point magnet which Walker is not. But it's also true that he's a lot dearer so it comes down to value. Having Walker+Kane with that midfield and White as reserve could easily be better than having Cancelo+ whatever you can afford up front.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Just pissing around, not final by any means, leaves me 0.3 in the bank

Screenshot 2022-12-23 123344.png

i considered a palace defender as well for a 2 week punt but my palace supporting work colleague doesn't have much faith in a clean sheet without the suspended guehi so i changed it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'd probably go Kepa instead of Guaita with the insurance of Ward.

Who says Ward is insurance btw? I managed to pick him for quite a few clean sheets ahead of Pope in the last 5 or 6 gameweeks :mrgreen: 

Last time out he scored 11 iirc

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

Also under consideration, I think he'll be first choice under Potter its just whether he's fit. I'll be researching that later

this one is huge for the template. so many folks are working on the assumption that he's both first choice and he's fit