Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Aubameyang gonna interest anyone?

i know one of the golden rules of FPL is not to hold grudges over players who've not done much for you in the past but that's a rule i consistently break

auba, sterling and KDB are all on my blacklist...always scored bugger all whenever i owned them

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm very tempted by KDB as captain vs us

He's basically guaranteed to start given he was rested last night, and Haaland could be rested.

I doubt I'll risk it, but it's tempting

Don't know why but have a weird feeling that Haaland will be rested and it'll be one of those weird games (that City always seem to have at least once a season) where they have 30 shots and don't score but lose to a single deflected shit going in (football manager style game) and Gerrard uses it to stay in the role until the World Cup. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Don't know why but have a weird feeling that Haaland will be rested and it'll be one of those weird games (that City always seem to have at least once a season) where they have 30 shots and don't score but lose to a single deflected shit going in (football manager style game) and Gerrard uses it to stay in the role until the World Cup. 

I have a feeling Haaland will be rested too, but not enough of a feeling to actually risk not captaining him :D

Don't agree with the rest though. I think we're going to get bent over

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have a feeling Haaland will be rested too, but not enough of a feeling to actually risk not captaining him :D

Don't agree with the rest though. I think we're going to get bent over

Sensible brain agrees about getting bent over. Nagging voice at the back of the brain however... Which is weird as I'd normally be ecstatic if that happened. 

I might be out on a limb here but I think Haaland will start. He's been subbed in every game bar Newcastle because they needed him on the pitch to the end. He came off after 68 mins last night, job done, feet up

He'll play from the start

They will batter us senseless and he'll come off again in a similar fashion after about 65-70 minutes and then Alvarez will come on and continue the humiliation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I might be out on a limb here but I think Haaland will start. He's been subbed in every game bar Newcastle because they needed him on the pitch to the end. He came off after 68 mins last night, job done, feet up

He'll play from the start

They will batter us senseless and he'll come off again in a similar fashion after about 65-70 minutes and then Alvarez will come on and continue the humiliation.

Possibly. They are away to Sevilla on Tuesday followed by Spurs next Saturday though so there's a chance he doesn't start against us. With him going off early though there's a chance he could start 3 games in 7 days as he's only young. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Possibly. They are away to Sevilla on Tuesday followed by Spurs next Saturday though so there's a chance he doesn't start against us. With him going off early though there's a chance he could start 3 games in 7 days as he's only young. 

The was an interesting stat I saw earlier. In the five matches so far, he’s only had possession or touches of the ball 105 times and they were almost exclusively in the central strip from the half-way line to the opposition goal. He’s not expending the energy of defenders running the full length of the pitch and back all the time

On 31/08/2022 at 09:49, tomav84 said:

Held on to neto too long now his value is so low that I can't do anything with him

Been a major bust for me as well...might be forced to give him one last go home to Saints

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Been a major bust for me as well...might be forced to give him one last go home to Saints

i've got a plan for him. means keeping him for the next 2 games though and targeting bournemouth away to newcastle for GW8

robertson for trippier

neto for saint max

Gundogan to Bilva for me today as he'll definitely go up in value tonight. I'm a little nervous doing a sideways move which is as likely to backfire as it is to work out, but I think in the end it's all about ...

Po7ngsi.jpeg

Plus I get 0.6 ITB and a player I think is less likely to be rotated for Europe.

Have two FTs...planning on using my WC during or shortly after the int'l break in a few weeks, but might get stuck with a -4 next GW regardless.

Thinking about

VVD --> Fofana

Dervisoglu --> Isak

11 minutes ago, a-k said:

Have two FTs...planning on using my WC during or shortly after the int'l break in a few weeks, but might get stuck with a -4 next GW regardless.

Thinking about

VVD --> Fofana

Dervisoglu --> Isak

Is Fofana available immediately and will he go straight in to the side - would be my concern with a new signing.

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

Is Fofana available immediately and will he go straight in to the side - would be my concern with a new signing.

I think he is available, but I would actually probably have him as first sub this GW. To bring in Isak, I'm maxed out at 4.4 for the DEF swap. No striker under 7.0 really appeals over the next few GWs as Mitrovic has a couple of tough fixtures coming up. Maybe Mbuemo would be the other option, so really it is a swap VVD for Isak in my starting 11, and replacing a loaned out player with Fofana

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

guys ramsdale or ward this week? can't decide

Personally I'd just go with the better team. Ward and Leicester have been dreadful. I don't think either will keep a clean sheet but Arsenal at least have some chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1