Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This looks suspiciously like a team that has it's money spread too thinly

For the start of the season yes, I'd agree but we're hitting the two games a week and rotation time amongst the top teams. I'm very much aware that Haaland is unlikely to start every game from Pep's comments. I'm also mindful of the fact that I'm doing the wildcard earlier than I intended but Salah is kind of forcing my hand. I also have another build I'm toying with that comes down from Salah to KDB

It also has the current top 2 keepers, 4 of the top ten defenders, the top 5 midfielders and 3 of the top 5 strikers (yes all based on current points which I know isn't the best way to build a team) and fixtures over the next few weeks all look fairly decent for those teams too

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

For the start of the season yes, I'd agree but we're hitting the two games a week and rotation time amongst the top teams. I'm very much aware that Haaland is unlikely to start every game from Pep's comments. I'm also mindful of the fact that I'm doing the wildcard earlier than I intended but Salah is kind of forcing my hand. I also have another build I'm toying with that comes down from Salah to KDB

It also has the current top 2 keepers, 4 of the top ten defenders, the top 5 midfielders and 3 of the top 5 strikers (yes all based on current points which I know isn't the best way to build a team) and fixtures over the next few weeks all look fairly decent for those teams too

I'm not sure why you're so desperate to get rid of Salah. He's got the second best stats in the league (only behind Haaland) and is ticking over points wise. He's got a massive haul in him sooner or later

Regardless, I've made the same mistake regarding the money before. You end up with a squad full of ok players around the 6-8m price point but a real lack of premiums. 

Your only premium is Haaland. From experience you'd be better off getting a second premium into your midfield and attack and downgrade some of the "ok" players to 4-5m players who play regularly. They're premium for a reason, they score points all the time. Your current midfield could easily all blank in a given week.
Obviously if they all turn out to be incredible value then you're in the money. But again from my own experience that's unlikely. It also means your team is very inflexible if you want to get a preimum in in future

Nothing wrong with wildcarding now, but those are just my 2 cents. I also agree that basing your picks on the current highest scoring players is not a particularly good way to go about it. Gross, for example, is very unlikely to keep that kind of scoring up

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, bickster said:

Because it seems he's playing a different game tactically to last season

Yet he's still got 2 goals and the best "expected" stats in the league bar Haaland. If he hadn't forgotten his shooting boots on Saturday we'd be talking about him having 3 or 4 goals in 4 games. 

He's underperforming currently. If he reverts to the mean he'll be worth having.

Just playing devil's advocate. I don't necessarily think ditching Salah is a terrible decision, I just wouldn't be playing my wildcard just because I want rid of him so badly. Especially if I wasn't replacing him with another premium

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Robbo out for Perisic

i was planning this after GW5. i wanted robbo for these 2 homes but projected price changes might force my hand earlier. i can cope with perisic going up tonight (which he's expected to) but not another robbo price reduction

i'm also concerned about potential perisic rotation wednesday

Just now, tomav84 said:

i was planning this after GW5. i wanted robbo for these 2 homes but projected price changes might force my hand earlier. i can cope with perisic going up tonight (which he's expected to) but not another robbo price reduction

i'm also concerned about potential perisic rotation wednesday

I only did it because I needed extra cash to get KDB for Son. I can't justify keeping Son any longer, that punt has well and truly failed. 

I'd have happily kept Robbo but needs must

• Like 1

Now that I'm almost sure I'm 4 weeks from my wildcard, I'll chase the fixtures a little more. With that in mind I'm mulling over turning Kulusevski and Andreas into Odegaard and Gross. I'd prefer Trossard to Gross but can't get to him. It means doing away with my 8.0 midfield slot for now, but I can get to it if needed and as I say the wildcard isn't too far away.

56 minutes ago, BOF said:

Now that I'm almost sure I'm 4 weeks from my wildcard, I'll chase the fixtures a little more. With that in mind I'm mulling over turning Kulusevski and Andreas into Odegaard and Gross. I'd prefer Trossard to Gross but can't get to him. It means doing away with my 8.0 midfield slot for now, but I can get to it if needed and as I say the wildcard isn't too far away.

yeah i'm thinking before GW9 too

i need to think of a get out for neto. done nowt so far and fixtures are going to start getting tougher

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Purged my squad of all trace of Villa.

One of these days I'll figure out to do that from the start of the season.

I only have Bailey and Archer, but even at low cost they are a waste atm.

Edited by Hornso

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

I've got the same. But both are unplaying subs. And in this day of 5 subs they'll rarely be needed 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

yep. archer is not even the best 4.5m striker anymore, there's a lad a fulham getting minutes

So my options today boil down to

2FTs 0.0ITB

1. Leave well enough alone and keep Kulu/Andreas - this burns a transfer but Kulu is going into FUL/LEI in 6 & 8.
2. Swap Kulu for Diaz - Fairly self explanatory NEW/eve/WOL upcoming. Possibly minutes worry with Darwin back
3. Swap Kulu/Andreas for Odegaard/Gross - Improves my 11th player and chases excellent fixtures for both clubs. Removes 8.0 mid.
4. Ward down to Iversen - Gives me an extra 0.1, uses 1FT and keeps scenario 1 above

I'm now erring towards just going with Diaz.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Kulu to DiaZ the obvious choice for me there Bri. 

Part of the reason I sold Robbo was to open my third liverpool slot for Diaz

Yeah, it's the boring choice. Going even more template than I already am. The fun one is #3.  But I'll still have 2FT next week so I could still do #3 then.

really don't know what to do with my team. pretty happy with it for at least the next couple of GWs. was going to go double city defence for their game vs us but i'm equally as confident of the double liverpool vs everton. neto has done nothing so far but i'm ok keeping him for bournemouth and southampton

the only thing i can think of is taking ramsdale out for the utd game only

image.png.0c6f2ea7e10949e45852b2a96acbbb33.png

So I've taken a 4pt Hit

Out go Saka and Bailey, coming in are Ødegaard and Groß

Leaves me 0.7 mil in bank to attempt to replace Archer next week.

I've listened to advice and stuck with Salah for now.

I have , however, ensured that Salah will have an impressive haul this week and Haaland will draw a blank. Yes I have captained Haaland

1 minute ago, bickster said:

So I've taken a 4pt Hit

Out go Saka and Bailey, coming in are Ødegaard and Groß

Leaves me 0.7 mil in bank to attempt to replace Archer next week.

I've listened to advice and stuck with Salah for now.

I have , however, ensured that Salah will have an impressive haul this week and Haaland will draw a blank. Yes I have captained Haaland

If this works for you after I decide not to do it, I reserve the right to be pissed off :D 

• Haha 1