Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

and why is everyone (not just you) trying to get rid of robertson? he's trending towards a price drop despite being home to bournemouth next week and favourable fixtures after that

I assumed this was because people wanted to avoid double exposure to Liverpool's non-clean sheets. I suspect they'll tighten up at the back when Matip returns and he isn't far away by all accounts

I've certainly considered it but I need to dump Bailey next week first

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it depends if you buy into the brentford hype. i'm still not at all...even with their decent run of games coming up but that's a total personal preference as i tipped them to go down this season and i still think they're going to struggle. de gea gifted 2 goals to them last week and utd crumbled

i certainly wouldn't be trading in saka for him who plays bournemouth, fulham and us in his next 3.

I love unjustified hype me.

Yeah I think I'm rolling one of my transfers tbh.

Other one was just straight Bailey out and DaSilva in to save money.

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

and why is everyone (not just you) trying to get rid of robertson? he's trending towards a price drop despite being home to bournemouth next week and favourable fixtures after that

As simple as £7m tied up with 0 returns is annoying I think.

He's looked good though.

Him or Saka have flabby cash on them they aren't justifying currently.

43 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I love unjustified hype me.

Yeah I think I'm rolling one of my transfers tbh.

Other one was just straight Bailey out and DaSilva in to save money.

As simple as £7m tied up with 0 returns is annoying I think.

He's looked good though.

Him or Saka have flabby cash on them they aren't justifying currently.

definitely rolling my transfers this week and reassess next week. bailey for dasilva isn't a bad shout. i'm really not convinced about baileys minutes this season

Robertson is a player you need to be patient with. He’ll score 200 odd points in the season but he’s unspectacular. 

Kind of one of those players you have to invest in and just leave there. 

I can see the temptation to get him out though, especially if you’ve got Trent too

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Robertson is a player you need to be patient with. He’ll score 200 odd points in the season but he’s unspectacular. 

Kind of one of those players you have to invest in and just leave there. 

I can see the temptation to get him out though, especially if you’ve got Trent too

i really want robertson and i'm genuinely considering him for next week. i think mahrez and perisic will end up scoring points this season but right now i can't be arsed with the weekly headache around whether they're going to start or not.

i currently have the below provisional replacements:

A. robertson and gross leaving 0.7m in the bank

B. walker and luis dias, leaving 0.2m in the bank.

leaning towards A given the minutes are more guaranteed and i like the idea of 0.7 in the bank to upgrade the bench for when the CL starts. brighton have some nice fixtures coming up too.

option B might be better points wise though as i think it has a higher ceiling with liverpools upcoming games. i have a concern around walker though as pep has said their new LB is straight in the squad

So I think I'm going with

Ward playing instead of Sanchez

5 at the back, meaning Mee coming in (my transfer this week) and Williams off the bench (I don't see Forest getting thumped this week)

Salah, Saka and Martinelli in midfield

with Haaland  and Jesus up front

Gives me a real headache for captain Jesus / Haaland / Salah.

Currently thinking Salah because he really does seem to love getting points against United and this United are even worse than last years United

Could all change again by the deadline

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

So I think I'm going with

Ward playing instead of Sanchez

5 at the back, meaning Mee coming in (my transfer this week) and Williams off the bench (I don't see Forest getting thumped this week)

Salah, Saka and Martinelli in midfield

with Haaland  and Jesus up front

Gives me a real headache for captain Jesus / Haaland / Salah.

Currently thinking Salah because he really does seem to love getting points against United and this United are even worse than last years United

Could all change again by the deadline

Pep has twice done the haaland/alvarez sub on around 60 mins. Salah all day for me and doubt that'll ever change 

Jesus is well tempting though 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a-k said:

Gave Digne one more shot (transferring out next week instead) instead of taking the punt on Perisic this week. If you're a betting man, you already know what to do...

I f***ing hate this game

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, a-k said:

Gave Digne one more shot (transferring out next week instead) instead of taking the punt on Perisic this week. If you're a betting man, you already know what to do...

And instead of taking Digne out this week I took out Martinez who's on 10 pointer, sigh...at least Wissa and Andreas returned...

sIXZdhS.png

Rolled my transfer for this week because I didn't want to remove Robbo or Sterling for the fixtures they have but I could really do with something decent from the pair of them. Only 3 gameweeks in so it's pretty irrelevant at this point but a rank of 5.6m isn't nice to see :lol:

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As things stand I'm top of our league :D

It will not last, but considering I was in the bottom third last season, I'll take it. Hoping for a shitshow from Salah tomorrow night.

Was going to give you a congratulatory like until I read the last bit. 

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

The way this week is going Man Utd are going to thump Liverpool 5-0 

yep bad week for me that actually started reasonably well. even liverpool can't save me as everyone has salah and trent

1 minute ago, bickster said:

If there was a decision to be made, I made it badly this week. I have 20 points on my bench

fortunately i think most will have had a bad week. can't imagine many newcastle players being in people's starting 11s

the captain decision will be the differential this week. seen a fair few captaining jesus so i'm just praying for a haul from salah tomorrow night