Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It was him or Son and my decision may be skewed by their respective end of season form.

I currently don't have either Salah or Son. 

No doubt it'll change several times before the season starts. 

34 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if ronaldo goes what's everyone's thoughts on rashford? could be a bargain at 6.5m - think he was like 9 or 10 last season

Could be a bargain and same could be said for Sancho. 

However, I'm strangely tempted by Martial at 7.0m as he's started up top in preseason and whilst last season was poor he still has a 5.9 PPG average.

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Could be a bargain and same could be said for Sancho. 

However, I'm strangely tempted by Martial at 7.0m as he's started up top in preseason and whilst last season was poor he still has a 5.9 PPG average.

yeah man u's pre season is worth keeping an eye on, even though i dont take much notice normally. rashford scored today i believe

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah man u's pre season is worth keeping an eye on, even though i dont take much notice normally. rashford scored today i believe

Worth looking at who plays to spot trends and hidden gems/enablers but difficult to gauge form as it doesn't mean much. 

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

if ronaldo goes what's everyone's thoughts on rashford? could be a bargain at 6.5m - think he was like 9 or 10 last season

Yep he’s in my thoughts. Could be a hell of a bargain. 

Brave to get him from the start though 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

i just hate having a template squad. looking for a way to go off piste

i'd need to drop ramsdale for a 4.5m keeper though and not keen on any of them

On 15/07/2022 at 21:03, Stevo985 said:

To add to this, utd signing martinez makes rashford less appealing 

43 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

To add to this, utd signing martinez makes rashford less appealing 

You getting Lisandro Martinez mixed up with Lautaro Martinez ?

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

leon bailey at 5m is looking good value based on pre season...

He's currently in my thinking but I'm not convinced. Would really like to have Buendia in as think he could be fantastic but avoiding as doubt he'll get enough minutes. 

On 23/07/2022 at 19:43, Rds1983 said:

He's currently in my thinking but I'm not convinced. Would really like to have Buendia in as think he could be fantastic but avoiding as doubt he'll get enough minutes. 

i'm not either in terms of minutes. but we've got a good start. i might chuck him in but left a bit in the bank to switch to martinelli if he's not getting on the pitch

palace and leicester aren't bankers for arsenal but looking at the bournemouth and fulham games after that

Edited by tomav84

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

NBSbCSS.jpg

I'll be honest. I don't like that. It's too punty at the start. If it goes wrong you're immediately playing catch up. If it goes right others can bring in whoever clicked. 50% of your front 6 are differentials, you're not particularly big at the back and you've a fortune on your bench.

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'll be honest. I don't like that. It's too punty at the start. If it goes wrong you're immediately playing catch up. If it goes right others can bring in whoever clicked. 50% of your front 6 are differentials, you're not particularly big at the back and you've a fortune on your bench.

Those strikers are locked in starters for elite teams. Maybe a slight risk because 2 are new to the league but it's a risk I'm at ease with. 

The players on the bench are there due to week 1 matchups. Not sure why their price has anything to do with it. I picked players who I think will get regular starting minutes. 

Odegaard and Bailey might not achieve those minutes, but they didn't cost a lot.

My keepers are good and my defenders will all get starters minutes for top 10 sides.

Is there an obvious strategy to this that I'm unaware of?