Gompedyret

6 hours ago, romavillan said:

I think the value in treating this lad well and furthering his development even if he wants to go elsewhere, as others have mentioned, is to be a top target destination for the country's best talent. This is one kid, if we treat him badly and hold him back out of spite then others might be a bit wary of coming. The benefits of doing our best for him regardless could be 10 kids as good as him through the door at a younger age.

Only takes 1 or 2 of them to make it to be worth it.

Spot on

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

Spot on

But this is all basically about playing youngsters in the 1st team Vs Wycombe and lower team leagues to help their development. Do you and @romavillan think we should (have) start(ed) him instead of a player who might not be as much of a prospect but is loyal to Villa?

51 minutes ago, zak said:

But this is all basically about playing youngsters in the 1st team Vs Wycombe and lower team leagues to help their development. Do you and @romavillan think we should (have) start(ed) him instead of a player who might not be as much of a prospect but is loyal to Villa?

How do you know he’s not loyal though? I’ve seen no evidence as of yet that he wants to leave. He’s thriving in our developmental system - you don’t therefore need to play them in cup games. His time will come yet. 

1 hour ago, zak said:

I think the manager has to decide, what benefits the club most.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â