Gompedyret

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

In all honestly I wouldn't sign on here either now. There's no pathway. Kids are just seen as PSR assets, rightly or wrong.

What a load of rubbish.

Philogene and Jacob Ramsey prove you're wrong. 

Kellyman, Chukwuemeka, Arron Ramsey and Archer now multi millionaires thanks to Villa. Finn Azaz top 10% earners in the UK.

And that's just some of the names I've listed.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

. Finn Azaz top 10% earners in the UK.

Top 0.01%

£15,650 a month puts you in the top 1%

Top 10% is  only £5,504 a month 

So yeah they all do alright

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

What a load of rubbish.

Philogene and Jacob Ramsey prove you're wrong. 

Kellyman, Chukwuemeka, Arron Ramsey and Archer now multi millionaires thanks to Villa. Finn Azaz top 10% earners in the UK.

And that's just some of the names I've listed.  

That's my opinion. Relax your beans lad. FYi the 4 mentioned have all had their careers stall or be stunted. I'd want my kid to play. **** me right!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's my opinion. Relax your beans lad. FYi the 4 mentioned have all had their careers stall or be stunted. I'd want my kid to play. **** me right!

I'd want my kid to play or be moved on

Be it loans or sales villa do that

We did have a problem with the likes of ohare but that's gone 

The crazy thing is the number of players who will moan and then just go from the frying pan to the fire, in terms of promoting youth I'd say villa are pretty much middle of the pack, we're not good or bad at it (and even then you need the players)

Edit - use Louie Barry as a comparison, would you say villa are stunting his career? Or are we giving him every opportunity to succeed be it here or somewhere else 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Twas ever thus though, regarding players coming through. If you look at our 1982 starting eleven 2 came through the youth team, and that's at a time clubs had to rely on youth players coming through into the first team. Nowadays - and this is even before PSR - the amount of players at academies mean that if even one gets through to become a professional the academy is doing its job. Just the sale of one for around £1m pays for that academy for that year. So Villa's academy is doing its job of picking up the most talented youngsters and providing a return on that.

Most don't develop into first team players fro Villa but if you are an academy that can show that by joining they can offer you a pathway to professional football better than many others, then you are going to attract a lot of players. If some are sole on such as Kellyman because of PSR that is incidental, as most are sold on just by way of keeping the academy ticking over. 

Its also true that the more successful a team that you become the less academy players that find a way through. Which has it drawbacks in terms of pathways as mentioned, but it also attracts a lot of players at the same time as they dream of playing woth the best and being at the top. I mean, it hasn't hurt man City's academy.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

In all honestly I wouldn't sign on here either now. There's no pathway. Kids are just seen as PSR assets, rightly or wrong.

I’m struggling to think of a better academy for putting youngsters into the professional game, to be honest. Maybe Man City’s. 

• Like 4

I really hope that he stays with us. I have high hopes for this lad and I hope that he appreciates that he will have a tremendous opportunity to improve as a player here. As has been shown, if you are good enough you will get first team games here, that may not happen at some other PL clubs, who may turn young players heads, but have stunted many a promising career, before it has really got started. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think that’s a little shortsighted. We have Kellyman his debut last year, put prospects on the bench and given new deals to various academy names. They only have to look at the likes of Bogarde or even names like JJ to show that there is a pathway into the squad. Yes, PSR profit is an issue, but it’s not also as simple as we will sell every asset either. From the facilities and the coaching, it’s still a very appealing prospect for young players. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Archer qualities aren’t the best with our approach (he seems limited as well), Duran is younger yet playing more. 
Kosta is younger than Kesler yet he’s well rated and probably starting many games. 
A Ramsey had a lot of injuries which stopped his development and best move for everyone was to go to a place with less competition. 
Jaden went, yet cane back once he showed his qualities, he needed chances as well. 

Add to that, for where we are, not every good player can be as good as the team. The benchmark is higher now. That’s why most of academy players will be sold, some will have more chances, not many will make it for longer term for several reasons. Maybe being good bad at the certain positions there are much better players (not weak links). One of the reasons that Kosta can have many chances is that Cash is the weakest link. If he was a LB he’d have many issues having chances. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

What a load of bollocks.

Not every player is looking to break into the Villa first 11. We are very successful at developing talent that ends up in the upper echelons of english football. 

• Like 2

On 22/08/2024 at 10:53, rodders0223 said:

I think the pathway is being blocked inadvertently by our exponential  progress.

as we getter better and a higher profile, this will inevitably happen.

Its very difficult to progress to the first team, in the top clubs.

We have to accept this fact.

maybe only the better ones with the intrinsic belief , determination and commitment will last the course. 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2024 at 10:53, rodders0223 said:

But regardless we develop players and give them a pathway into the game a lot of our academy players are thriving and have moved on to good situations rather than struggling to find a club and having to move halfway across the world to play in some obscure league.

We saw Kane Taylor, leave and comeback….so maybe the grass is not greener at other clubs….and how many of our academy lads have got decent money moves?

I don’t know Rory’s situation or his attitude to the club, but I guess some of them are too eager to progress, and lack patience.

I guess, we will do our best to persuade him to sign….but if not we move on.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

People need to rethink what top academies are actually for. They are judged on providing a pathway to professional football at whatever level and not just the club. With that in mind there aren't many better places for youth prospects to be trained than at AVFC.

Look at how many players from the youth cup win will go on to have full professional careers and likely none of them will figure in our first team long term.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the pathway is being blocked inadvertently by our exponential  progress.

as we getter better and a higher profile, this will inevitably happen.

Its very difficult to progress to the first team, in the top clubs.

We have to accept this fact.

maybe only the better ones with the intrinsic belief , determination and commitment will last the course. 

Agree absolutely.

Just think sensibly about it. What would be the alternative? Go backwards? Don't progress. Stay around 6th to 8th in order that we can perhaps use a couple of our homegrown youngsters.

It is nonsense. We have to keep going forward. We are pushing to compete at the top.

And that is something we could never have dreamed of only a few years ago.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Sell him before the window shuts to Chelsea if we can. 

Sure enough no kids with any brains would join Chelsea currently. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â