Europa League Conference Final/Champions League Final/Championship&League 2 Play Off Finals

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

So question, during the VAR bidding process, does the loser of the bid gets a full refund or held onto as fifa deposits? 

They get corporate seats at Russia 2036 world cup 

1 minute ago, JB said:

Is Peter Walton talking bollocks to support the referee’s decision, again? If his explanation is right, then there’s literally no way that Benzema can receive the ball without being offside, other than a Liverpool player intentionally passing it to him. What a ridiculous rule if correct. 

I've never ever ever heard him say anything against the decision made on the pitch. Regardless of who is playing, he will never go against his former buddies 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

One liverpool.player kicks it onto another one. It.doesnt touch a Madrid player until Benzema scores. What a daft bonkers over complicated rule that is

Before it hit the first Liverpool is came from a RM player, they are saying that hitting the 2 Liverpool players were deflections in the same passage of play

• Haha 1

I think the ball is deliberately played by the Liverpool defender. Should be a goal. If he’s not trying to play the ball what is he doing?

Edited by Genie

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Has that always been part of the offside rule?

No, at one time I think they only had one player, and another time it was even three players. But that was like in the 1800s.

As far as the modern offside rule it's been that way for a hundred years, with modern variations about whether fingernails count or not.

12 minutes ago, penguin said:

I mean if your throwing your leg at the ball and connect with it is that not deliberate? 

Regardless he seems massively onside anyway, Steve Wonder has drawn the lines here:

Because Fab didn’t make first contact with it. Mane’s foot hit the ball which deflected off Fabs leg.

You mean massively offside?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

That offside decision is laughable. The VAR is basically saying that the Liverpool defender can do anything to with the ball and Benzema is offside, unless the player unambiguously passes right to him.

Nonsense.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

That offside decision is laughable. The VAR is basically saying that the Liverpool defender can do anything to with the ball and Benzema is offside, unless the player unambiguously passes right to him.

Nonsense.

Its the rule though, it is not about passing the ball to Benzema, it is being in control of the ball when u 'pass' it. I am not disagreeing it should be a goal, I think it should. But the offside rule allows for deflections. How a deflection is defined is anybodies guess

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â