Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

10 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Ask him to defend..he will do it.

Ask him to play...he struggles.

It's like that old quote from back in '66: 

Jack Charlton: "Why have you picked me? I'm not exactly a great footballer..." 

Alf Ramsey: "You don't need to be. You just need to stop the great footballers from playing". 

That was DC last night. 

• Like 2

It's just a shame he's only "Immense" when he seems to want to be. I mean the contrast from Sunday's performance to Wednesday's was quite incredible . The fact is, without consistency, he's always unlikely to make that first eleven with everyone fit.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's just a shame he's only "Immense" when he seems to want to be. I mean the contrast from Sunday's performance to Wednesday's was quite incredible . The fact is, without consistency, he's always unlikely to make that first eleven with everyone fit.

"Want to be"? That's a bit harsh imo.  You think he "wanted to be" bad on Sunday? He is inconsistent but not for lack of wanting. That's the difference between great and average players. Great players can do the stuff every week, not so great players can do these things only sometimes. They all want to do well.

Anyway, I'm sure he will play against United. Let's hope he has a good game as most of their threat comes from that side.

Diego doesn't always seem to know what do with those big meaty arms of his, but they're very useful for Villa at times. Stopping power. During his injury, all he seemed to do was pump iron.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ewb70z60s8xhjckl05

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

"Want to be"? That's a bit harsh imo.  You think he "wanted to be" bad on Sunday? He is inconsistent but not for lack of wanting. That's the difference between great and average players. Great players can do the stuff every week, not so great players can do these things only sometimes. They all want to do well.

Anyway, I'm sure he will play against United. Let's hope he has a good game as most of their threat comes from that side.

Hence, the word "Seems." He has a way of looking almost casual at times, maybe that's just the way he is, but you can't just perform at the level he showed on Wednesday and then not have at least ninety per cent of that intensity for other games. He was woeful at Ipswich, and brilliant against Bayern, so he has it in him to perform like what we expected, considering how much we paid for him. He needs to be as consistent as Torres or Konsa. I'm not suggesting " Great, " Just the same focus and commitment as other players. No player is great every game, regardless of talent. It's consistency that separates the good from the great, and the ability to rise to those big occasions, hence Martinez, that performance on Wednesday is exactly why, imo, he's the best keeper in the World. We could still be playing now, and, I guarantee nothing would have got passed him. I thought Luca Digne looked like a top left - back too, and Torres, what a sexy player he is. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â