Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

22 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

It depends on what the criticism is. If it's just mindless insults, then I concur but seeing errors/lack of concentration/poor positional play is not finding a scapegoat. It's talking about things that have happened in a game

Some of the comments over time have been way ott in my opinion but it's been hard to defend him at times lately. 

At the same time, he should be rightly applauded for tonight. Most people will be happy to give praise when it's due. Those who can't are either trolls or obnoxiously stubborn.

Well put point mate. 

My issue was him being blamed on Sunday for the 2nd goal. 

As I said at the time, if our player scored that, we'd have been saying what a turn, what a finish. 

But Konsa hung him out to dry and Diego copped the flak. 

I'm not proclaiming him to be Maldini or Baresi but he's a lot better than some think on this forum and tonight quietened a few critics. 

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Us being forced to sit deeper against waves of attack brings out the big performances in him too.

Almost like he's not given an opportunity to lose concentration, so he's fine.

What a strange player.

Very good tonight.

Stood tall last night. Given some of the apprehension about him pre-match, he really did turn in a great performance.

A real asset if he can produce that type of performance on a consistent basis.

Edited by AJG23

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was terrible last week but very good today. Kane didnt have a touch vs him

Its like he is up for the big games and has no interest vs smaller teams

Bit harsh to say he has no interest. When we’re defending against strong teams the back line is superb at keeping its shape and defending as a unit and that’s where he’s at his best. Same as city and Arsenal last year. 

He comes unstuck when he’s left exposed because the RB and midfield are in the opposition half like against Ipswich, or when he’s under pressure to break their press quickly which is generally against smaller teams and we’ve only 2-3 at the back when they attack. It’s why Emery played Konsa at CB in those games and Cash at RB. We don’t have that option at the moment.

It doesn’t mean he’ not interested.

7 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

So his best 3 performances since he has been here are against Man City, Arsenal and Bayern.

this is because he is an old fashioned centre half....needs to be busy...doing the dirty stuff.

Unfortunately now we play a possession based game this is where he looks not as good.

Ask him to defend..he will do it.

Ask him to play...he struggles.

Perfect game for him last night...he played really well and the handball...definitely took one for the team

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â