Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

I gave him so much stick after Sunday so it's only fair to say he was amazing tonight.

It's clearly a mental issue with him, focused at the start and he'll generally have a good game but if he starts sloppy he'll continue in that vain.

Top class tonight like he has been against many of the best teams in Europe in the last 12 months so a real enigma.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Immense. All those who piled on lately can f##k off. 

No. A player can be judged as a whole, on recent form and on an individual match basis. Just like he can be massively praised for tonight, there is nothing wrong with the criticism he has received from some poor performances.

It's possible for the same person to both critic and praise over different games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wezbid said:

No. A player can be judged as a whole, on recent form and on an individual match basis. Just like he can be massively praised for tonight, there is nothing wrong with the criticism he has received from some poor performances.

It's possible for the same person to both critic and praise over different games.

But when the criticism is so ridiculous it's just a case of 'let's find a scapegoat' then, nah, not having that. 

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

But when the criticism is so ridiculous it's just a case of 'let's find a scapegoat' then, nah, not having that. 

It depends on what the criticism is. If it's just mindless insults, then I concur but seeing errors/lack of concentration/poor positional play is not finding a scapegoat. It's talking about things that have happened in a game

Some of the comments over time have been way ott in my opinion but it's been hard to defend him at times lately. 

At the same time, he should be rightly applauded for tonight. Most people will be happy to give praise when it's due. Those who can't are either trolls or obnoxiously stubborn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â