Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

14 minutes ago, Rodders said:

He was **** shit at times we needed him to not be **** shit. So who cares about the rest of the game. The prick keeps costing us games and goals

Prick? Classy, bravo… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I thought it was poor defending by DC defo, but Konsa was to blame too. Gave the ball away cheaply and didn’t react to the counter until it was far too late

Watch the replay and look at DC's positioning relative to the rest of the defensive line. It was downright negligence. Konsa was poor for the goal too, but as RB he was given more space to roam.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Watch the replay and look at DC's positioning relative to the rest of the defensive line. It was downright negligence. Konsa was poor for the goal too, but as RB he was given more space to roam.

Yea I agree on both points, not defending DC. I just think Konsa’s freedom to roam doesn’t give him licence to stay high when it’s clear they’re about to counterattack … he dithered for a couple of seconds longer than he needed to, and most likely could have recovered if he’d noticed what was happening. Was pretty poor all round

• Like 2

I think if everyone is honest, he's not on his own playing shit. Both Konsa and Torres have been well below par already this season. Neither have had games whereby they've looked 100% assured. The defence imo is a huge problem. We look lazy asf. 

• Thanks 1

Only a downward trajectory from here. Clearly not good enough but also forced to play given the lack of options at RB. 

Can only hope that Cash is fit for Wednesday otherwise we are in a world of trouble with Diego. 

I don’t like piling in on a player, and am accepting that following his injury he’s always going to be up against it.

But people say Coutinho was the biggest transfer mistake Gerrard made, I honestly think Carlos is. As expensive and misguided that transfer was, at least with Coutinho I have a few good memories of him in a Villa shirt.

I genuinely have more favourite moments with Calum Chambers than I do Carlos.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I think if everyone is honest, he's not on his own playing shit. Both Konsa and Torres have been well below par already this season. Neither have had games whereby they've looked 100% assured. The defence imo is a huge problem. We look lazy asf. 

I thought Torres was decent today, Digne has also turned into a mostly reliable option and can’t be faulted today. The problem seems to be related to the right half of defence, it just seems like the club buried their collective heads in the sand on this one,  99% of fans probably said we needed to buy a right sided defender as a top priority in the summer, for some reason it wasn’t sorted. It’s such an obvious gap in our squad.   Hopefully someone will panic buy Carlos in January and we can start to fix the problem - not that it’s 100% Carlos’ fault but the right side of defence needs to be reshaped quite urgently. 

Edited by david-avfc
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â