Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Some harsh criticism of him here. He looks like a guy who's not playing regularly to me hence not 100% sharp. That could have a lot to do with the errors, which are costly I admit. He does however have many strengths too which in the main balance out those mistakes and of course with no other real options, apart from inexperienced youngsters, I feel we need this guy playing currently. Bogarde is getting a lot of minutes & appeared to be struggling in all honesty, so having no other option for some crucial games coming up is concerning.

Cash is apparently close but we are so threadbare on that right side. I so wish we had gotten Geertruida in the window.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wether people like him or not, he’s here now and should play a lot of games. We don’t have many choices. So the best is to wish him the best which help us, and help raise his value to offload. Depends on who we get, we might have a chance to get someone during January otherwise leave it to next summer.

He isn’t the worse player but he’s mistake prone, although still have some helpful attributes.

20 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Wether people like him or not, he’s here now and should play a lot of games. We don’t have many choices. So the best is to wish him the best which help us, and help raise his value to offload. Depends on who we get, we might have a chance to get someone during January otherwise leave it to next summer.

He isn’t the worse player but he’s mistake prone, although still have some helpful attributes.

he cant tho can he.

he's always injured.

My hope is that Mings regains his match fitness and replaces Carlos as the no3 CB on the squad.  Mings doesn't need to be the Tyrone of old- he just needs to be better than Carlos- that is how I see it.  Even coming off his terrible injury- I am 100% confident that Mings can be BETTER than Carlos.  That pushes Diego down to no4 CB and our CB depth is solved- Bogarde is then no5 CB.

RB depth is also solved.  Cash/Konsa are both no1 RB (depending on opponent) with Bogarde as no2 RB with Kosta no3 RB

Everything is riding on Mings getting back to fitness over the next 2-3 weeks for me.  Then the Villa back4 will be MUCH more solid and goals allowed will be reduced, as will our aerial struggles.  Konsa/Mings/Pau/ with Digne/Maatsen across the back 4 will be very solid in my eyes.  UTV

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â