Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

On 22/09/2024 at 12:40, Delphinho123 said:

Every version of Carlos has that same mistake in him. 

I literally said to the person I sat next to at the game on Saturday that Carlos always has a mistake in him and 2 mins later makes said mistake. I get nervous whenever he starts now.

He was part of Sevillas Europa League winning team so surely he's gotta have something about him 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I literally said to the person I sat next to at the game on Saturday that Carlos always has a mistake in him and 2 mins later makes said mistake. I get nervous whenever he starts now.

I don't know why, and I really shouldn't, but I kinda like him as a player. He has so many attributes that are likeable and he's actually really good on the ball when he 'wants' to be. He can play through the lines well.

But he always has that crucial mistake in him. It isn't going away and it will cost us points this season if he plays. It's why he isn't good enough for us. The question is, is it worth having him in the side with that potential mistake over Cash/Bogarde. Tough one. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He was part of Sevillas Europa League winning team so surely he's gotta have something about him 

Real shame about that Achilles injury he got here. He's lost a step or 2 and maybe doesn't quite trust his body anymore. The passing is just odd, maybe it's a confidence thing.

He most likely will have been better if not for injury. But even at his best when I watched him at Sevilla, he'd often feel like a foul/penalty/error waiting to happen. Even though he makes errors with his passing, a lot of his passes are actually quite good though.

On 21/09/2024 at 23:12, KentVillan said:

His passing is good most of the time, especially some of his long passing. He just seems to have this knack for a lazy short ball.

A strange player, because he is definitely capable of some really exceptional performances. Hard to work out what the problem is. Despite his age, I reckon Emery probably thinks he can improve him, because there is some unused potential there.

Yeah I actually think aside from the mistakes his delivery of passes is the best of our CBs. When he pings the ball with his passes straight into the LB or RW bypassing the extra man in the passing sequence it really pressurises defences and none of our other defenders really do it. Pau will hit passes into the middle and switches from deep but he's less quick in possession which is where Carlos' mistakes come from imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Real shame about that Achilles injury he got here. He's lost a step or 2 and maybe doesn't quite trust his body anymore. The passing is just odd, maybe it's a confidence thing.

Yeah you can see it.

He was better in the air at sevilla and he's still really quick I imagine if not for the achilles injury he'd be an even better defender (and I think he's currently defensively he's better than Konsa or Pau against CFs and on runs in behind).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â