Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, VillaJay said:

I agree with your point, mistakes should be part of the game and every player makes them, but Carlos mistakes come from lack of concentration not risk.

The risk he took today was trying to break through their press with a one touch pass without knowing where the danger was. If he'd made that pass successfully we'd have probably started an attack. Emery wants them to take chances to break the press.

Just now, Jareth said:

Yarp, but is why I'm comfortable with his error today, he's our back up

Same here. Just hope Mings comes back stronger than ever.

• Like 1

Possibly Carlos' best contribution today was not taking the ball off Konsa's toe for the winner, hadn't quite realised how close he was to doing so.

Can't remember which game last season where he took it off Watkins in a similar chance.

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

His passing isn’t good enough to play Unai’s way. He knows what to do but occasionally shanks one which leads to a chance or like today a goal. As back up CBs go he’s still one of the better ones we’ve had but it’s a very low bar.

We tried to solve a problem at RB today and created two problems because Konsa was poor first half too. 

His passing is good most of the time, especially some of his long passing. He just seems to have this knack for a lazy short ball.

A strange player, because he is definitely capable of some really exceptional performances. Hard to work out what the problem is. Despite his age, I reckon Emery probably thinks he can improve him, because there is some unused potential there.

• Like 1

Fluctuates between Diego Carlos-Alberto and Diego Car-Crash far too much, today over the course of 90 minutes.

If we can get consistency out of him, he'll be incredible.

One of the few players in world football more comfortable passing the ball 60 yards than 6.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â