Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

41 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Barely played football this season

Some harsh comments imo

If it was a new habit rather than something he'd been doing ever since he joined, I'd agree.

I'm unconvinced at this point we'll ever get it out of his game, sometimes we're lucky and we get away with it, but we basically start 1 xG down when this guy plays, a hospital pass is guaranteed

• Like 3

The comments on here are crazy lol

Do people actually think he did that pass on purpose ? It was a mistake obviously lol ...

He's a bit rusty and hardly played any football yet this season. Yes he is our weak link, but lets not forget he played in a lot of big wins for us last season. He has another level to go up when he gets back up to full fitness. 

Either way he's pretty much all we've got as back up to RCB position, so he'll be playing a fair amount this season. Get used to it and get behind him. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

The comments on here are crazy lol

Do people actually think he did that pass on purpose ? It was a mistake obviously lol ...

He's a bit rusty and hardly played any football yet this season. Yes he is our weak link, but lets not forget he played in a lot of big wins for us last season. He has another level to go up when he gets back up to full fitness. 

Either way he's pretty much all we've got as back up to RCB position, so he'll be playing a fair amount this season. Get used to it and get behind him. 

He doesn't have another level in the slightest. This is it. Shit. 

He does this every time he's on the pitch.

• Like 1

As bad as the pass was, there were several times where you an see the difference he makes defensively. That strand larsen chance in the fast half is a goal a lot of the time. But he has excellent recovery pace and saved a goal. 

• Like 1

Clown pass for their goal but I’m not going to lay into him because we won the match. 

I don’t rate him though and I really, really, really wish we had bought a right back in the summer because Konsa shouldn’t be playing there, Cash is injury prone and not quite at the required level, Bogarde has looked out of depth so far, and Ned isn’t rated by Unai for whatever reason.

There's good and bad elements to him, but I can't get over that he's played that exact howler of a pass for their goal so many times it's unreal. It's not even the first time this week he's done it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He doesn't have another level in the slightest. This is it. Shit. 

He does this every time he's on the pitch.

but thats just nonsense though.

Was he shit in the 1-0 vs Man City last season?

Was he shit in the 1-0 vs Arsenal last season?

Was he shit in the 2-0 vs Arsenal last season? 

Stop throwing out hyperbole nonsense comments because he was shit today. Have some perspective. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

but thats just nonsense though.

Was he shit in the 1-0 vs Man City last season?

Was he shit in the 1-0 vs Arsenal last season?

Was he shit in the 2-0 vs Arsenal last season? 

Stop throwing out hyperbole nonsense comments because he was shit today. Have some perspective. 

Ah, context. It's so lovely to see you. Visit more often, please?

• Like 2

He's shown that he can defend, but like Donck, his passing is simply too inaccurate to play in a system like ours where we like to play around with the ball in back. I'll support him while he's here, but let's not pretend that we want him as our first choice backup CB. I can't wait for Mings to get back.

• Like 2

The player in the middle of the back 3 center backs needs to be calm and comfortable on the ball in distribution.  Carlos is constantly out of position and indecisive with the weighting of his passes.  A huge liability right now. Need Mings back.

1 minute ago, Paulie said:

The player in the middle of the back 3 center backs needs to be calm and comfortable on the ball in distribution.  Carlos is constantly out of position and indecisive with the weighting of his passes.  A huge liability right now. Need Mings back.

Mings plays the same side as Pau though, so not sure I’d want to upset that right now. Tough decisions to make! 

I remember Mings at one point was always prone to at least one big mistake in a game and gave away quite a few goals, but he came good in the end.

Carlos was a bit unlucky for that pass, but he did telegraph it before he even passed it by the way his body was positioned and where he was looking, and he should probably have been passing out to Konsa on his right. This can be coached. It was a good goal from them though going in off the post from outside the area.

To his credit he did a good block to deny Aït-Nouri a near certain goal after that.

I still like to think he can improve and cut a few silly things out of his game with more coaching from Emery.

For those of you that don't like him, tough, i get the feeling he'll be playing quite a few games this season... though i'm not sure he'll be here next season.

• Like 2

Just now, smokingzen said:

I remember Mings at one point was always prone to at least one big mistake in a game and gave away quite a few goals, but he came good in the end.

Carlos was a bit unlucky for that pass, but he did telegraph it before he even passed it by the way his body was positioned and where he was looking, and he should probably have been passing out to Konsa on his right. This can be coached. It was a good goal from them though going in off the post from outside the area.

To his credit he did a good block to deny Aït-Nouri a near certain goal after that.

I still like to think he can improve and cut a few silly things out of his game with more coaching from Emery.

For those of you that don't like him, tough, i get the feeling he'll be playing quite a few games this season... though i'm not sure he'll be here next season.

Yeah he'll be here until summer 2025. One year left on his deal then.

I presume PSR will stop us getting in a decent defender in January so probably be another development signing who may or not be ready to play immediately.

My issue with him is he doesn't learn from mistakes. Yes players make them but it's always the same with him and it's not just on the ball, it's off it too. Today he flung his arm out at Guides I think it was inside the box, to block his run. There was no need for it, he does it all the time though and one day VAR will intervene and **** us. 

21 minutes ago, TomC said:

He's shown that he can defend, but like Donck, his passing is simply too inaccurate to play in a system like ours where we like to play around with the ball in back. I'll support him while he's here, but let's not pretend that we want him as our first choice backup CB. I can't wait for Mings to get back.

Carlos I think is a decent passer of the ball better than Donk but not as well as he thinks he can pass it and gets him in trouble regularly

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â