Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Carlos has made that exact same mistake in a Villa shirt far too many times already. He's always prone to it because in his mind he's practicing his 'I'm a super casual Brazilian show pony flexing my muscles for the boys on the Copacabana' moves. Sooner he **** off the better. He's a liability.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2024 at 22:07, rodders0223 said:

He's got 3 passes. 100mph into you from 5 yards, underhit into you inviting a leg break, and one to the opposition.

Never trust a defender who makes it all about himself. Wants to show everyone how calm he is, how strong he is and how smooth he is.

Often ending up coming a cropper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Strange, he is solid for the most part, does the hard and boring stuff well, but has a brain fart in him every game. Today it cost us, far too casual for Premier League, even though the goal was an excellent strike. Honestly, I don’t think Borgarde makes that error.

18 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Barely played football this season

Some harsh comments imo

He does it no matter how many games he plays and playing passes under no pressure has absolutely nothing to do with match sharpne

14 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

We’re going to need him and he has to get up to speed. We were lucky it didn’t cost us a game but some of the comments today are unnecessary.

I agree. We still need him. Yes, down the road, we need to strengthen our center back area, but there is no way we can do anything but support him right now.  I think he will learn from this near disaster today. And there’s no question that he will want to learn.  

• Like 1

Yes a mistake again from him today, maybe needs a run of games because he can be very good as he was at times last season, could argue he set us up for the victory today with that block from Nori, if that goes in may have been game over.

Forgetting the mistakes, his direct straight passing 20 yards forward are going to get one of out players injured.  They are that telegraphed, you can see them 10mins before they happen 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Solid before and after the mistake. 

Would rather a steady Eddie at centre half, doesn't excel at anything as it is.

Even when Tyrone was making mistakes he was showing much more that Diego ever has in a Villa jersey, from Emery's comments, it sounds like we were happy to let him go, but he chose to stay and we're trying to make the most of it.

Not a terrible signing as he has played his part, but not a good signing.

You always want him to play as he did against Man City last year, but we don't get that Diego as often as we should.

Ming's was always a little suspect with his casualness, but Carlos takes it to a new level.

He enjoys the 1v1 stuff too much, and that takes away from his team/positional/tactical awareness, which is essentially what let's him down.

• Like 1

His actual defending is fine, I can't see Unai telling him to stop passing it as it's so important to our play, I guess we will have to put up with it until we can get a replacement in, whether it's Cash at right back, Mings or a new signing in January.

• Thanks 1

To be fair it was his first start of the season and all he's had is a 2nd half appearance v Everton.

We were all quick to defend Ollie Watkins abysmal form for the first 3 games citing lack of game time, so we can cut Carlos some slack using the same logic.

• Like 2

He's a not a starter when everyone fit. As a backup, well he is too prone to errors like this, so I suspect once Mings is fit, Carlos is down to 4th choice 

I will say he's a smidge unlucky today in that Cunha did very well to get a goal out of that, it wasn't like he just gave him a tap-in. Think 8/9 times out of 10, that giveaway wouldn't have ended up a goal. But if you  make that kind of error of giving the ball away in that area fairly regularly, obviously the chances one of them leads to a goal increases

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â