Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Well I agree. Has been coming though, People have been praising our squad depth all summer, which is fair if you look on the attacking side. Our defence is very thin indeed, Even If this Geertruida bloke had signed, we’d have been thin at the back: And now — he didn’t:

It’s not thin, it has injuries!! Short term injuries too. Both Carlos and Mings will be back soon. 

39 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

It's a small injury. That's why we have a squad. Every now and again people will get injured. No one expects to have a fully fit squad all the time. Seriously, how many teams have a back up centre back of his quality? Mings and Carlos as our second best pairing? Only Man City in this country have arguably better depth in their centre backs. Arsenal have two excellent defenders and some others who looked good overseas but haven't been tested in the Premier League yet (Calafiori and Timber), Man Utd have Maguire and Lindelof and Liverpool have Gomez. Spurs have Davies and Dragusin. Chelsea have 6 central defenders, none of whom do I rate higher than Mings and Carlos. We are lucky to have him in the squad and if we upgrade or replace him in the future, even better for us.

This is the worst sort of club loyalty, Puré lunacy;

Of course players get injured and that’s why you have a squad! The problem now for us, in defence, is we hardly even have a squad. We had 3 senior CBs, with Carlos now out we have 2.

Mings and Carlos would be a very nice backup pairing, not arguing against that. But they’re not fit!

You talk about how Arsenal squad players aren’t tested in the Prem, but the truth is we’d kill to have Timber and Calafiori as backups, We’d kill to have Dragusin, Gomez or Maguire as backup too (they might start for us though). Out problem remains: we don’t HAVE any backup in defence. If the backup is good enough isn’t even the point, sadly.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Of course players get injured and that’s why you have a squad! The problem now for us, in defence, is we hardly even have a squad. We had 3 senior CBs, with Carlos now out we have 2.

Mings and Carlos would be a very nice backup pairing, not arguing against that. But they’re not fit!

You talk about how Arsenal squad players aren’t tested in the Prem, but the truth is we’d kill to have Timber and Calafiori as backups, We’d kill to have Dragusin, Gomez or Maguire as backup too (they might start for us though). Out problem remains: we don’t HAVE any backup in defence. If the backup is good enough isn’t even the point, sadly.

Timber was just out for 12 months lol.

We need at least 8 CBs imo, and if one gets injured he gets his contract ripped up, taken out back and giving a good hiding.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s not thin, it has injuries!! Short term injuries too. Both Carlos and Mings will be back soon. 

Without Carlos injury we would have 3 senior CBs: Normally you want 4 in a squad. At least fix a loan.

i’m getting angrier at this ”they’ll be back soon” talk by the hour: I don’t normally bitch and whine about the squad, not at all. But ffs:

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Out problem remains: we don’t HAVE any backup in defence. If the backup is good enough isn’t even the point, sadly.

In that case, I believe I've got your man.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611uuri4b19hhczvfb0c3

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Timber was just out for 12 months lol.

We need at least 8 CBs imo, and if one gets injured he gets his contract ripped up, taken out back and giving a good hiding.

Well we had Lenglet as cover last year. Now we don’t. We have an injured Carlos and Mings plus Konsa and Pau. Not a lot of depth there regardless of two of them returning soon. I guess we are relying on Bogarde to be that extra CB? Doesn’t inspire a ton of confidence if injuries start piling up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well we had Lenglet as cover last year. Now we don’t. We have an injured Carlos and Mings plus Konsa and Pau. Not a lot of depth there regardless of two of them returning soon. I guess we are relying on Bogarde to be that extra CB? Doesn’t inspire a ton of confidence if injuries start piling up.

What is this, a sane person?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Without Carlos injury we would have 3 senior CBs: Normally you want 4 in a squad. At least fix a loan.

i’m getting angrier at this ”they’ll be back soon” talk by the hour: I don’t normally bitch and whine about the squad, not at all. But ffs:

Unfortunately last season we had to have 5 senior CBs on 100k a week. That ain't sustainable. The simple and honest and slightly gutting fact is Mings and Carlos need to go.

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

That’s part of football, injuries happen. Buying players to cover short term injuries is unnecessary. 

Get bitchy as much as you like, it’s a fact, they will be back soon. Suck it up buttercup and enjoy Swinkles and Bogarde on the bench. We may not see them their again for a while  

13 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Errrr Maguire with our highline would be catastrophic 

Just now, tinker said:

Errrr Maguire with our highline would be catastrophic 

And another player on 200k.

We just sold Diaby and Luiz for PSR.

But yeah let's have 5 CBs on 100 bags a week incase one of them strains a calf.

• Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

And another player on 200k.

We just sold Diaby and Luiz for PSR.

But yeah let's have 5 CBs on 100 bags a week incase one of them strains a calf.

Imagine the goals 😆

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Unfortunately last season we had to have 5 senior CBs on 100k a week. That ain't sustainable. The simple and honest and slightly gutting fact is Mings and Carlos need to go.

Surely Torres was our only CB on £100k a week? 

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Fine, get them gone. But make sure we have 4 useable CBs first, Ideally those backups aren’t played out of position or never played senior football before,

If we can shift our theoretical backups, Mings and Carlos, and replace them for half their wages, great.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Fine, get them gone. But make sure we have 4 useable CBs first, Ideally those backups aren’t played out of position or never played senior football before,

If we can shift our theoretically backups, Mings and Carlos, and replace them for half their wages, great.

So have 6 senior centre backs and then try and shift two. I'm not sure that's how it works.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So have 6 senior centre backs and then try and shift two. I'm not sure that's how it works.

We now have Pau, Konsa, Carlos, Mings: Can’t see how that’s 6?

Everyone has known Mings wouldn’t be back for the start of the season, or even the first few months: So time to squad plan - we have 3 CBs for the forseeable. Even If they cost us money:

Then Carlos gets a niggle because he’s in a bad mood; Those things happen too: But how far are you ready to go in your relaxed state? If or when Pau has a niggle, we’ll calling Siw Swinkels to start against Bayern.

Let me tell you where we aren’t thin: in attack. We have a crazy amount of attacking midfielders and wingers, 

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

Imagine 5 years ago someone telling you we will have amazing youth CBs coming through, and a CB choice of Pau, Mings, Konsa and Carlos and then reacting to that by throwing toys out the pram.

We have cover so when there's injuries we're not short. We don't have cover so that when there's injuries we have MORE backups. The idea is even with 2 injured players we still have two fit ones. Why can't people grasp this. 

Man Utd spend more than anyone else and have insane wage structure and about 7 CBs last year and they still ended up with a half fit Casemiro and Evans at the back a couple times. There's only so much you can prepare 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â