Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I still think he’ll end up leaving, preferably abroad. Back to Spain? 

Still 10 more negotiating days, so maybe. I hope he stays, personally, but not if he's not committed all the way.

• Like 1

Fulham seemed to move quickly onto Anderson and most likely paid more than what Villa would have been asking for Carlos.

That the club has certain valuations and won’t move from them shows that we aren’t desperate to sell or move players on. Maybe there’s a deal sitting on the table from Saudi for Carlos and if doesn’t get his move to a PL team or in Europe, he may take that one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RichW said:

I’d imagine Carlos be difficult to sell now. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s no more signings. 

Yeah think for sure Carlos stays, especially adding in the Emery comments from last week. I think we're done for the window too now, maybe there's an attacking player or a Loan coming in but feels unlikely.

So the talks for Carlos collapsed. For whatever reason. We probably asking for a fee too high for them and we can't afford to take a bookable loss on him to sell for a lower fee. 

20 minutes ago, RichW said:

I guess there is always the chance on the last few days of the window somebody might panic buy him after this weekend!

We could be open to a Loan possibly. As with Moreno, a Loan then sale works better than a sale right now in terms of the finances. They will have 1 year left on their contracts next summer and low books values. They also have no incentive really to risk going into final year of contract at the club and would take permanent moves on lower salaries. 

So it depends. Loaning Carlos out is very difficult and costly. He costs us around £12m per year in wages + amortisation. Nobody is paying a Loan fee near that. So if we loan him and then need to sign a replacement we're getting into very expensive territory. So it seems less likely.

I think we keep him and we go with this until Jan and reassess. 

Just now, Adam2003 said:

He was primarily left sided before he moved here, wasn’t he?

Yes, Gerrard brought him in to replace Mings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah think for sure Carlos stays, especially adding in the Emery comments from last week. I think we're done for the window too now, maybe there's an attacking player or a Loan coming in but feels unlikely.

Thinking the same - but a loan at CB. I think we are done in terms of the attack with Duran staying.

18 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Thinking the same - but a loan at CB. I think we are done in terms of the attack with Duran staying.

I think Emery might be happy with having 4 CBs of a high level and I think the decision has been made to give Mings the chance to get back. We can course correct in Jan if we need to. Kamara has many top flight games for Marseille and even European games at CB so we've cover of needed. Onana could also do a job at CB given his talents. 

Carlos has played a lot at LCB too before he joined us. So he's clearly comfortable there. 

I think that's the thinking. Next summer might be the time for a big CB signing 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So the talks for Carlos collapsed. For whatever reason. We probably asking for a fee too high for them and we can't afford to take a bookable loss on him to sell for a lower fee. 

So Palace are flush and need a centre half now?

2 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

They'll need 2 CB's when the Geordies cave in and stump up the dough for Guehi......

Yep - I reckon they might have dibs on Carlos, will suit them and him. Sell 2 players for over £100m, buy Carlos for £12 mill. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â