Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

10 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

I actually wonder if there’s a concerted effort by some of the teams chasing us to **** us around in the market/waste our time/destabilise the squad.

Almost like Fulham and West Ham don’t want to free up funds for Unai to reinvest …

I don’t think Fulham cares about us right now, in that regard especially. It’s just them knowing that we need to sell (somehow like us with Felix). That’s why it was very good to sell Diaby while people though he was a starter, once players go to the bench, especially when they earn a lot, teams know that it’s easier for them to negotiate.

For West Ham, again they thought they can get a better deal for a player that only had 2-3 PL starts. They know he’s a backup here. That’s how negotiations goes. Possibly we’ve been tough to show clubs that our squad is as important as starters, and we rotate much. That’s the only way to show how valuable our players are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I have strong reasons. 18 months ago I didn't really think anything of them. 

Them getting Gerrard sacked did it for you? 😝

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Still thinking Hermoso comes in if Carlos leaves and Geertruida is unrelated. 

Don't agree, Hermoso is a left sided player, more akin to Pau in creative play. Carlos is right sided defender and if he left I think Konsa plays with Pau more often and Geertruida fills the Konsa role from last season. 

If we were going to sign Hermoso we would have signed him. Only thing I can think of is we need to move a LB out before moving for Hermoso. I still think they are not planning it at all. I think they have faith in Mings. 

Konsa is extremely versatile so if he had to play LCB he could fill in there if needed before Mings came back

12 minutes ago, RichW said:

I’d imagine Carlos be difficult to sell now. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s no more signings. 

Yep. We won't be able to bring anyone unless we sell a player from the proposed 25 man squad.

I'm fine with this. It's not a disaster really, preferable to replace him, but not terrible that we can't this window. He's still good enough as a squad player I think

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Rather keep Carlos around than spunk 30 - 40m on Joe Gomez.

100% this. Like Duran, he did something silly in preseason and caught a lot of perfectly justified shit for it -- but that doesn't means his playing suddenly stinks. We all saw what he could do versus Arsenal when he digs deeper. He can be unstoppable. He can almost use pure will to put a stop to offenses. Not to be glib, but I think he needs better instruction on the dark arts of shithousery. He's a bit too obvious. He needs to be professional, not personal.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â