Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

My thoughts exactly in terms of similarlies with konsa, but with slightly better attacking attributes. It's why I think he will be rb with ezri rcb.

It's close though as he could easily fit into the centre if needed, so Diego will be covered.

He's versatility here is perfect for what we need.

This is why i mentioned Kamara earlier. He would often drop back into the backline and i can see Gerty comfortably doing a very similar movement between CB and DM.

I don’t rate Diego, but I’m fine with him staying if we don’t get an offer to break even with FFP. As long as we sign a defender regardless!

Although does seem like Newcastle will get Guehi, which hopefully opens up his move to Fulham. We shall see. 

Newcastle just bid 65m for Guehi… will probably be accepted.

Wouldn’t have thought Palace would be willing to lose Andersen too (both starting CBs) nor anyone meeting the asking price (40m, he might be more valued/important to them now).

Just feels like Carlos will be announced by Fulham soon… has been no sign of him at the club and in the squad/training, relative silence…

Posted (edited)

"But from this moment and today, he is with us because we are happy with Diego Carlos and he had good performances last year. This year is the same idea.

"Maybe that can change with a good offer but it’s not in my mind to change something around him."

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

That's a "Up your offer" message to Fulham and the other clubs interested.

Exactly that. If for whatever reason they don't, Emery is attempting to keep him motivated if needed in our team.

Posted (edited)

Hopefully Fulham ship a fair few goals this week. Nothing to do with Diego going there, I just **** hate Fulham. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hopefully Fulham ship a fair few goals this week. Nothing to do with Diego going there, I just **** hate Fulham. 

How can anyone hate Fulham!? Surely you want them to beat Utd?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

How can anyone hate Fulham!? Surely you want them to beat Utd?

I have strong reasons. 18 months ago I didn't really think anything of them. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fulham are the Swiss of the PL. 

They are monumentally neutral and inoffensive. I wish them well in every game except when they play us. 

Their new stand is also incredible. 

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Sounds like the Fulham “talks” have ended for now 

Yeah, think it's we are open to selling him but Fulham no longer interested, hence we are happy for him to be staying now. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

Their new stand is also incredible. 

That's central to why I hate them. Hopefully it falls into The Thames. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not going to say he’s leaving until he’s leaving. Nor is he the kind of manager to dump in the reserves etc. 

Agreed. If a bid comes in that meets our valuation, he's gone. If not, he stays and we want a motivated player.

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why?  They saved us on more than one 🤣 

I actually wonder if there’s a concerted effort by some of the teams chasing us to **** us around in the market/waste our time/destabilise the squad.

Almost like Fulham and West Ham don’t want to free up funds for Unai to reinvest …

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â