Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

8 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

You could say the same about the other two first teamers that have gone and the unfortunate news is that we haven’t!

Find it quite odd how comfortable we are just dismantling a team that finished in the top 4 for the first time in decades.

Maybe I'm reaching but:
Rogers + Buendia replace Diaby
Onana + Barkley + Barrenechea replace Douglas
Kosta (frees up Konsa) + Mings replace Carlos

On the face of things I actually feel a lot more comfortable going into this season. The only real question mark comes from replacing Douglas and Kamara but hopefully we manage considering we're going into the season with a settled Tielemans.

'Dismantled' seems a bit far-fetched. 

Edited by AV82
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

You could say the same about the other two first teamers that have gone and the unfortunate news is that we haven’t!

Find it quite odd how comfortable we are just dismantling a team that finished in the top 4 for the first time in decades.

I genuinely think we are building the team with the next 2 to 3 years in mind rather than this season.  As you say normally you would just keep the team the same and add one or two players but I think we are trying to reduce the wage burden where we can before the new sustainability rules come in and buying players with potential.

• Like 2

His injury derailed his chance here sadly. He has been underwhelming sadly. He doesn’t seem to be able to stay fit which is of greater concern, especially at his age, price and wage. 

We need some one in that position to be the future not slowly running down his value to zero.

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Thats the problem; 3 players replacing one? 
They all cannot play at the same time..

Is this a serious reply? Damned if we do, damned if we don't if so.

Consider different profiles of players... the extra matches we'll play and having to cover for Kamara. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Not this topic, but I think Onana and a new #10 replaces Luiz and Diaby/McGinn, rather than that suggested.

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I genuinely think we are building the team with the next 2 to 3 years in mind rather than this season.  As you say normally you would just keep the team the same and add one or two players but I think we are trying to reduce the wage burden where we can before the new sustainability rules come in and buying players with potential.

Yeah but I don't really see the focus. We've replaced Douglas with a 50m midfielder and let go an unsettled Diaby while seeing Rogers shine and players return from injury. There's a lot of discourse, rightly so because of our performances in pre-season, but I don't understand this obsession with our transfer activity.

18 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I agree with your overall point. But I didagree on Carlos. He is one I am glad to see go. I thunk he would have went last August only for the Mings injury. Some top performances but all too rare.

But yes, I didn't expect such disruption to out best team in 28 years. Shaping up to be more of a transitional season rather than a season of building on our success.

12 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Think the problem more for me is that at full strength to push to the next level we needed onana anyway, a Kamara onana luiz midfield would have been great, as the end of the season showed we needed Barkley anyway

So we kind of have replaced him but we've not got better 

But all that said I still think we only did it because we had to rather than because we wanted to

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, think you’re right here. Signing younger players, offloading the older ones and their high wages. Unai signing a long term contract.

We are building something, to last…

If only certain posters had the patience to let it happen instead of slagging off any player who misplaces a pass, misses a chance or a tackle..Unless we manage a win we are dog shit, a disgrace and embarrassing the list goes on.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Maybe I'm reaching but:
Rogers + Buendia replace Diaby
Onana + Barkley + Barrenechea replace Douglas
Kosta (frees up Konsa) + Mings replace Carlos

On the face of things I actually feel a lot more comfortable going into this season. The only real question mark comes from replacing Douglas and Kamara but hopefully we manage considering we're going into the season with a settled Tielemans.

'Dismantled' seems a bit far-fetched. 

Brilliant post.

• Like 1

Fulham are doing us a very big favour here, his age, wages & unreliability made me think we would be stuck with him until the end of his contract.

Being able to swap him with Geertruida who is much younger, less wages & more needed in the squad (right-sided CB/RB) is a big bonus.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, smg said:

If only certain posters had the patience to let it happen instead of slagging off any player who misplaces a pass, misses a chance or a tackle..Unless we manage a win we are dog shit, a disgrace and embarrassing the list goes on.

Those certain posters:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Fulham are doing us a very big favour here, his age, wages & unreliability made me think we would be stuck with him until the end of his contract.

Being able to swap him with Geertruida who is much younger, less wages & more needed in the squad (right-sided CB/RB) is a big bonus.

They always do… great bunch of lads 😆

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â