Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Incredible news if we can get this done for a decent fee. I thought we were going to be stuck with his massive annual cost for another two years. I don’t mind Diego but he hasn’t been worth the outlay so to be able to move on is great. Over to Monchi and Unai to try and replace him appropriately.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Makes sense to get rid of him but it is scary going into start of season with just Konsa and Torres as CB. Bogarde/Digne/Dendoncker are currently next in line CBs.

Hopefully a new CB is in before the first match. 

I mean Torres and Konsa is enough until the window closes, it's only 3 games and they're likely to be our first choice pairing anyway, so as long as we get a new CB in before the end of the window it won't be a problem.

A new CB has missed all our pre season whether we sign him now or on deadline day and it's fine to not really rotate our first choices out in the first few weeks of the season.

We have to assume at this point that they think Mings will be fine in September when he's back, so Pau Konsa Mings and a new CB will be plenty at least until January when we have a better idea of how Mings really is and can then sign another, even on loan if he's struggling

14 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Makes sense to get rid of him but it is scary going into start of season with just Konsa and Torres as CB. Bogarde/Digne/Dendoncker are currently next in line CBs.

Hopefully a new CB is in before the first match. 

Bogarde… sure, but Onana would fill in ahead of the others I’d assume. And it’d be more likely to be a last resort or emergency.

I’m sure a signing is otw though, Pau picked up his fair share of knocks or niggles last season so I don’t think we are “secure” in that department. 

Donk won’t get a look in anywhere, needs to move on for the benefit of all parties.

26 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Incredible news if we can get this done for a decent fee. I thought we were going to be stuck with his massive annual cost for another two years. I don’t mind Diego but he hasn’t been worth the outlay so to be able to move on is great. Over to Monchi and Unai to try and replace him appropriately.

Fully agree and… I know people aren’t going to like this but… it’s worth moving on Digne for similar reasons, maybe next season if he’s still up to it now (has been more consistent and reliable than Diego but, age and wages).

Getting rid of Carlos is as much about his wages as it is about the transfer fee. Wouldn’t surprise me if we let him go for 12-15m just to get rid of his 100k a week salary. 

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Getting rid of Carlos is as much about his wages as it is about the transfer fee. Wouldn’t surprise me if we let him go for 12-15m just to get rid of his 100k a week salary. 

That would be fine… maybe better than expected. As long as we don’t make a loss on him.

Diego done… Duran next?

Cash? Moreno? Donk 🤔 

Monchi’s been doing so well to get players out… something so many struggled to do before him. Also bringing some money in! Which makes a pleasant change 😆

He’s a busy boy… so much activity both on departures and incomings.

34 minutes ago, AV82 said:

High wages, 31, unreliable. We've done well to let him go imo as long as we find an adequate replacement.

You could say the same about the other two first teamers that have gone and the unfortunate news is that we haven’t!

Find it quite odd how comfortable we are just dismantling a team that finished in the top 4 for the first time in decades.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Doubt we’d get that much would we? Probably just shy of 10m

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â