Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, Rich192 said:

Inject it in to my veins. Geertruida plus perhaps Hermoso (to save on a fee) and we’re in great shape. 

I think with Bogarde signing a new deal and staying around, that’ll be enough to wait for Mings. So can’t see Geertruida AND Hermoso.

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'll be gutted to see Diego go. 

I don't think we ever saw the player we brought after his injury. 

Yeah wasnt the same since injury sadly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Would be nice if we somehow made a profit. (FFP profit I mean) 

Don't really need to as losing the amortization means we can sign someone for the exact same fee and wages and have no impact on FFP.

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah wasnt the same since injury sadly

Agree also, but there can’t be any sentiment. On his day he has been very good for us eg Man City, Arsenal etc but struggles with the consistency week in week out. He would be a very good player for Fulham and strengthens their defence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

If the RB is Geertruida, then we have him or Konsa that can rotate the RCB spot and Cash/Ned as cover for right back.  Should be "ok" assuming Mings is back and fit in a couple of months. 

Bogarde as back up then revisit in January if we get a further injury.

Just two senior CBs isn't enough with our schedule, I think we'll see a Lenglet type loan in at end of the window.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Just two senior CBs isn't enough with our schedule, I think we'll see a Lenglet type loan in at end of the window.

It would be 3 with Geertruida. And then in my scenario 4 a couple of months after that when Mings is back.

Any doubts about Mings and I'd be like you and expecting us to get a late Lenglet esque loan in.

19 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Agree also, but there can’t be any sentiment. On his day he has been very good for us eg Man City, Arsenal etc but struggles with the consistency week in week out. He would be a very good player for Fulham and strengthens their defence.

He was a monster away to Arsenal, genuinely McGrath esque that day.

Him and Pau also kept Haaland in their pockets in the VP game. However a week before he was just passing the ball straight to Semenyo who scored for Bournemouth so that was his inconsistency right there.

I think him and Pau were generally solid but he simply didn't click with Lenglet and that was far and away our weakest CB duo last season and we conceded loads of cheap goals from crosses.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It would be 3 with Geertruida. And then in my scenario 4 a couple of months after that when Mings is back.

Any doubts about Mings and I'd be like you and expecting us to get a late Lenglet esque loan in.

If we get Geertruida in he needs to be playing as RB really. I think we'd sell Cash late on in the window and then get another CB in and then we're nicely stocked, 3 senior CBs and then Geertruida + Ned for RB with also the option to move Konsa there if we have injuries.

We don't want to be leaving ourselves short at CB this season and having to play Bogarde away to Real Madrid or Bayern if Pau picks up a knock as he did a couple of times last season.

Mings not featuring at all in pre season means I rule him out probably for rest of 2024 as even if he returns to the squad I can't see much beyond a few late sub cameos, huge ask just to throw him into start a game after over a year out.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

He's not been what I expected. I thought he would be playing on the left side as that's where he seemed to play the whole time at Sevilla. I also expected his passing to be top notch, but again there are issues there. 

Also really surprising that his heading stats are so bad 

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Him and Pau also kept Haaland in their pockets in the VP game. However a week before he was just passing the ball straight to Semenyo who scored for Bournemouth so that was his inconsistency right there.

Then a few games later 2-0 up at OT and passes straight to Manure player, they score and we go on to lose. 

• Like 1

There’s gunna be some really rattled Villa fans if West Ham pull off the Todibo signing 😂

Carlos to Fulham or maybe we can tempt the Saudi’s into entering the bidding 

Edited by thabucks

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â