Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Whilst i would have been happy to replace Carlos earlier in the window, i now think we need 1 extra CB and keep Carlos to give us depth.  Especially if Konsa will also cover Cash on occasion.

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Whilst i would have been happy to replace Carlos earlier in the window, i now think we need 1 extra CB and keep Carlos to give us depth.  Especially if Konsa will also cover Cash on occasion.

Surprised we didn’t make this one of the priorities of the window to be honest.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Surprised we didn’t make this one of the priorities of the window to be honest.

Possible we did, but our preferred option was away on holiday post international competition. With people returning this week I'd guess we may see if that's the case fairly quickly.

Or maybe they think Mings is going to fully recover and we'll only sign someone else if we sell Carlos.

Problem with carlos is his inconsistency. You get his Man City and Arsenal performances and then he plays like he's never seen a football in his life. 

12 minutes ago, peterw said:

Problem with carlos is his inconsistency. You get his Man City and Arsenal performances and then he plays like he's never seen a football in his life. 

Only play him against other top 4 teams. :lol: 

7 hours ago, rodders129 said:

Diego won’t move. Family are settled in Brum, great squad, facilities, UCL football and years left on his contract 

I'm not sure its a case of whether Carlos wants to leave or not ...... I sense the decision has been made by others !

22 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I'm not sure its a case of whether Carlos wants to leave or not ...... I sense the decision has been made by others !

Well we can't force him to agree terms with another team so he's equally likely to stay.

On 03/08/2024 at 08:08, HolteExile said:

Genuine question, who was worse than him? 

Lenglet wasn't great overall. But the drop off wasn't as bad if he partnered one of Konsa or Torres rather than DC and his passing was decent.

DC - apart from three games against the two best sides in the division weirdly enough - always looked like an accident waiting to happen. Injuries may have played a part in that, sure. 

But if we get any sort of fee we're doing well. 

Or I wonder if we're eyeing up a Fulham squad player for swapsies. 

I thought Lenglet was. Only towards the end did he start to look a bit better. But like you said it may have been because he was with Pau or Konsa. 

West Ham are selling Zouma to Saudi Arabia. Lopetegui wanted him at Wolves last summer, was rumours he wanted him if he joined Milan, so hopefully he wants him in at West Ham. Wishful thinking? Probably. 

29 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

West Ham are selling Zouma to Saudi Arabia. Lopetegui wanted him at Wolves last summer, was rumours he wanted him if he joined Milan, so hopefully he wants him in at West Ham. Wishful thinking? Probably. 

West Ham will probably offer us 50p and a packet of quavers in exchange.

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Not in tonight's squad. Has to be gone surely?

Unai doesn't strike me as the type to freeze someone out

Yup, must be on his way out soon.

No Tyrone either...we down to 2 fit senior center backs...with one only now starting preseason.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â