Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Got to remember how serious of an injury he suffered… without that, we would’ve seen a better and more consistent version of him.

But, we have to move him on some time in the short term because of his age, wages, remaining time on contract (2 years) and the lack of reliability.

If we can do that, while recouping or profiting on the investment we made, there is an opportunity to bring in a more reliable and suitable player.

Just now, Jas10 said:

Got to remember how serious of an injury he suffered… without that, we would’ve seen a better and more consistent version of him.

But, we have to move him on some time in the short term because of his age, wages, remaining time on contract (2 years) and the lack of reliability.

If we can do that, while recouping or profiting on the investment we made, there is an opportunity to bring in a more reliable and suitable player.

Maybe Jas but boy does the bloke love a brain fart during a game. Way too unreliable. Sell and get him off our books would be a god send.

Just now, CroVillan said:

Maybe Jas but boy does the bloke love a brain fart during a game. Way too unreliable. Sell and get him off our books would be a god send.

I don’t disagree but we’ve also seen how good he can be… was important in some of our most impressive wins and performances.

I have more sympathy for him than criticism… worked hard on his recovery and his integration (really worked on learning the language, for example, and seems well liked). Was just our luck that a player who stayed fit and regularly performed well at Sevilla should come in and suffer a horrific injury that saw him miss pretty much a whole season.

I don’t think we have seen that top La Liga defender here or since his move, it sadly hasn’t gone that well for him. He’s done well to get himself back but I think his body has been regularly letting him down, physical issues have inhibited him imo.

Far past his best.

• Like 1

He suits Fulham down to a tee and he would walk into that side. They've got a good manager and already made some good moves this window. However they've also lost some good, dependable members of the squad. If we can sell in a way which means we clear the amortisation and then get a bit more on top I think he should go. 

Both, Cash and Carlos, struggle with crosses.

One can't seem to stop them coming in, and the other struggles to deal with them competently, when they do.

I can't see how constructive, and objective criticism is frowned upon.......Sure rude and personal accusations, are a different thing.

Fortunately for us, the manager has to deal with these situations, not us, so if he feels he needs to be moved on, so be it.

Unai, will deal with the weaknesses as he sees fit.

Probably a last day move if the interest from Fulham is genuine (they did lose Tosin and yet to replace him).

Makes no sense to sell him now as that just leaves us down to two CBs with one playing regularly at RB so far to thin to start a season when we're playing West Ham and Arsenal first up.

19 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

Certainly wasn't our worst defender last season...

Genuine question, who was worse than him? 

Lenglet wasn't great overall. But the drop off wasn't as bad if he partnered one of Konsa or Torres rather than DC and his passing was decent.

DC - apart from three games against the two best sides in the division weirdly enough - always looked like an accident waiting to happen. Injuries may have played a part in that, sure. 

But if we get any sort of fee we're doing well. 

Or I wonder if we're eyeing up a Fulham squad player for swapsies. 

1 hour ago, HolteExile said:

Lenglet wasn't great overall. But the drop off wasn't as bad if he partnered one of Konsa or Torres rather than DC and his passing was decent.

DC - apart from three games against the two best sides in the division weirdly enough - always looked like an accident waiting to happen. Injuries may have played a part in that, sure. 

Solanke perhaps? 

Think this might be the last time we might get any decent value for him. 

If Fulham pays like 12 mill odd and we get his 100k wages of the books it would be good business. 

Saying that I don't mind him as 4th choice CB as a player. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Think this might be the last time we might get any decent value for him. 

If Fulham pays like 12 mill odd and we get his 100k wages of the books it would be good business. 

Saying that I don't mind him as 4th choice CB as a player. 

With Mings not ready for the start of the season he is our 3rd CB atm. Realistically if we sold him this window we would need to bring in 2 CBS...tricky situation, I would defo cash in on him  if possible, but we might be stuck with him until January at least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HolteExile said:

I thought Lenglet was worse myself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

He wasn't pictured in the final US training session from yesterday

He’s suspended anyway isn’t he? If reds from friendlies cause suspensions.

Edited by WallisFrizz

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â