Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

His 30-yard sprint into the box to slide-clear an Ollie Watkins tap-in in a crucial game was the last straw for me. His antics Thursday night may have been the last straw for Emery.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

His 30-yard sprint into the box to slide-clear an Ollie Watkins tap-in in a crucial game was the last straw for me. His antics Thursday night may have been the last straw for Emery.

The worry for me is.....his body language looked to me like he wasn't bothered, when he failed to deal with the cross.

Now that's pure speculation on my part....just my reading of it.

• Like 1

I won’t miss his antics in the box during set pieces - cost us some big decisions with his tough guy nonsense manhandling. 

On his day very good. But we never saw enough consistency. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Lol mate it's not like he did that on purpose, and 9 times out of 10 that's a goal.

Just very unfortunate 

• Like 3

On his day he’s a very good player, but inconsistent and prone to silly errors. Not an Emery player and not a surprise he is surplus…

Maybe the injury diminished his performance, but he’s not a CL CB and we need to upgrade if possible in his position.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Abysmal when we conceded 3 at home to Brentford and Liverpool. Shameful against Palace on the last day of the season.

Had a good 3 game spell at some point and that was about it. If he leaves can we admit that he was rubbish and stop pretending.

Loves an underhit hospital pass. No positional sense. We conceded for fun from crosses when he was in the side. Would get involved in petty dick measuring contests all.. the.. time with strikers (usually to the detrement to the team and led to him getting rolled and ragged all over the shop)

Kamara was worse in the Liverpool game and he wasn't coming back from a year off injured, assume you want rid of him ?

Kamara tops errors leading to goals chart. GET RID

Edited by CVByrne

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The disrespect so many of you show to our players who got us Champions League is just galling. Are you all such horrible people in real life or just online?

How much did you disrespect them and Emery when you wrote them off after the United game?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The disrespect so many of you show to our players who got us Champions League is just galling. Are you all such horrible people in real life or just online?

I do think that there are people who go overboard with their criticism but it’s ok to question the capability of a player. In my view, Carlos has not been consistently good enough to justify his high wages and a regular place in the team. There are other people who contributed to our CL qualification who also fall into similar categories. It’s just natural evolution.

If we can move him out and replace him with a better suited partner for Pau and Konsa then we absolutely should be doing that. The same could be said for Cash and Moreno in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Alternatively, there's a reason he's never been capped by Brazil and even Wesley has.

This was the biggest indicator regarding the level he was at when we signed him. He is ok as a backup, but he is nowhere near as good as the other 3 CBs we have. I would be happy to keep him if he had the physicality and aerial ability people were expecting when he signed. Unfortunately he doesn't, so i'd rather get rid and bring in someone who negates the weaknesses our current first choice pairing have.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

jaysus thanks for reminding me of that. must have a negative xG chance 

What was the Watkins clearance?

I wouldn't be up defending players who aren't up to scratch. He's played 30 games since arriving here. There are plenty of other players on the team who have contributed more to CL football. If we want CL again we'll need to strengthen the squad. Carlos is getting older and is error prone. I think it's time to say thanks for your service and best of luck, if given the opportunity. I doubt many have anything against him personally and most criticism is warranted.

1 minute ago, juteface said:

What was the Watkins clearance?

I wouldn't be up defending players who aren't up to scratch. He's played 30 games since arriving here. There are plenty of other players on the team who have contributed more to CL football. If we want CL again we'll need to strengthen the squad. Carlos is getting older and is error prone. I think it's time to say thanks for your service and best of luck, if given the opportunity. I doubt many have anything against him personally and most criticism is warranted.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I love how this post just came out of nowhere. 

well-that-escalated-quickly-quick-meme-com-19310781.png | Lotus Emira Forum

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

it's not like he did that on purpose

I know that, but it's probably the best example of his situational IQ, which is low.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â