Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

If we could replace him I'd be delighted. Had some stand out performances in a couple of games but flattered to deceive in most others. For someone who loves to take his top of too much and flex, he tends to gets bullied on the pitch.

I like Diego but as others have said he's not in the bracket of 7s or 8s out of 10 most weeks like Konsa or Pau. He can be a 10 but drops a 4 or 5 too often for my liking. In an ideal world we could replace him with another physically imposing right footed CB who is a few years younger. 

• Like 1

I haven't been on here much to know if it gets mentioned, I'm sure it must, but for me, the enigma that is Carlos can be summed up by his violent elbowing (evident in most matches), his elegant cross field balls, good one on one ushering, sloppy passes into midfield and hopeless heading ability from set pieces.

He is nearly always a real mixed bag of strengths and weaknesses, so the stand out performances, such as those against Arsenal, are actually few and far between. He isn't good enough in my opinion. Never been convinced. Comes across as a bit of a show pony to me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

One of the things I'd use to do stop signing morons.

Seriously, I'm not arsed how good you are if you're thick as mince.

He was signed by a moron so not that surprised

I dont even think he is that good, too many unneccesary stupid moments. Still pissed at the Everton goal he got disallowed last season

• Like 1

I am guessing Diego signed for us with the promise of being first choice centre back under the scouse idiot, but the severe early injury and the idiot being fired put paid to that idea. Unfortunately for him, during his absence Konsa has gone up another level and Pau will always be favoured over him on the left hand side.At his age Diego probably wants to be first choice centre back playing most weeks, and is not happy as a bit part rotational player. To be fair to him he has not had a settled run in the team with one other CB to gain the understanding and form needed to be a top centre back for us, so it is probably best all round if he were to move on to a team where he will get regular match time and a chance to build a partnership on the pitch with someone.

If we can get in a replacement in who is a bit more dominating in the air to rotate with Konsa and break even on the Carlos deal, then I think all parties would be happy with that outcome.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Anyone know his remaining book value? 

Should be around £13m.

Purchased for £26m (BBC) 2 years ago on a 4 year contract (Transfermrkt) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MSvillain said:

Should be around £13m.

Purchased for £26m (BBC) 2 years ago on a 4 year contract (Transfermrkt) 

And I'd be happy to accept an offer of around that amount.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

One of the things I'd use to do stop signing morons.

Seriously, I'm not arsed how good you are if you're thick as mince.

I agree to an extent, but Grealish did ok here ;)

• Haha 1

Not to stick the boot in too much...

but he does that thing that James Collins was always guilty of, where he stand with the ball at centre back and takes an eternity really deliberately picking out a long ball forward. All poise and consideration. For it to go to absolutely no-one.

agree with the poster above. Show Pony

This arsenal performance people are pointing to is the one where he should've given away a pen for high boot in the area and a red card on the halfway line due to a lack of pace and ability to read a situation right?

I am aware of the other one against arsenal where as a team we marshalled their non striker well and the game against city where again as a team we dominated the ball totally.

I think this would be great if we could off load Diego and get a good replacement in. Too inconsistent, rash and casual for me. If we can move him and Moreno on and maybe a couple more then we are in a good place I think 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â