Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Behave. We’ll do well to break even for him with FFP. £15m or even season loan with a £10m obligation and wages paid would both be great offers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Man of the match in both wins over Arsenal. Didn't offer much did he?

Abysmal when we conceded 3 at home to Brentford and Liverpool. Shameful against Palace on the last day of the season.

Had a good 3 game spell at some point and that was about it. If he leaves can we admit that he was rubbish and stop pretending.

Loves an underhit hospital pass. No positional sense. We conceded for fun from crosses when he was in the side. Would get involved in petty dick measuring contests all.. the.. time with strikers (usually to the detrement to the team and led to him getting rolled and ragged all over the shop)

• Like 3

Think he might be in that unfamiliar situation where his body doesn't quite work and reacts in the same way it did before the injury and he or his brain hasn't adjusted to it so all instincts and movements are a bit off. You see it pretty often with players getting on a bit. Michael Owen and Fernando Torres maybe the most blatant examples. Hopefully Mings will not be a new example of this.

• Like 2

not really suited to unai's style of play IMO and i won't be gutted to see him go

but that being said, i'm concerned about the overhaul to the squad. plus mings isn't back until september at the earliest leaving us with 2 first team CBs and the season kicks off in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Torres is excellent, Konsa is superb but we'd like to use him at RB at times, Mings is coming back from a difficult injury, ageing and in the last year of his contract - it's very difficult to see us letting Carlos go in these circumstances and if the player makes a nuisance of himself, we might be in a very difficult position. We're not in good shape at centreback at the moment.

There is no downside to Diego Carlos leaving, only upside. He’s a liability, and you can count the number of good games he’s had on one hand. Him leaving allows us the squad space to bring in a top quality partner for Torres, or a top prospect if we fancy Konsa in the middle and confident of Mings’ recovery. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Man of the match in both wins over Arsenal. Didn't offer much did he?

He also had Haaland in his pocket when we beat city. This is the frustrating thing though. Played great in our best wins of the season but then bang average in alot of the others. Also gifted goals. The goal against utd which started their comeback win springs to mind.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Behave. We’ll do well to break even for him with FFP. £15m or even season loan with a £10m obligation and wages paid would both be great offers. 

Signed for £26m 2 years ago on a 4 year contract so his book value is £13m. I’m sure Fulham can afford that

He played great, he played terribly. That's the issue, compared to the likes of Konsa and Pau...never a consistent 7 or 8 out of ten. Can't afford that if we are trying to compete with the best. 

I have no ill feelings towards him, I just hope we can get back what we paid for him if he leaves somehow, but I doubt it 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 2

We can't even consider selling him at the moment - we need a CB as it is, we'd need two if we let him go and to get into that position would be reckless and expensive - Carlos has to stay until we've signed at least one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We can't even consider selling him at the moment - we need a CB as it is, we'd need two if we let him go and to get into that position would be reckless and expensive - Carlos has to stay until we've signed at least one.

Couldn’t disagree more. We can’t bring someone in until he goes, as we’ve too much invested in wages in that position. 

I'm confident Monchi will be ready to move on targets as soon as the sale is looking close. 

Get it done as soon as possible!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We can use the funds when selling him to buy a replacement.  We may need two as you say

Ironically before he got booked against Leipzig he was having a decent game. With a few excellent long passes. I think he’s a decent player and he is the hard man of the team which you meed some times

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â