Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

The issue I have with Carlos is that he isnt as good as he thinks he is and hasnt earned the right to be so cocky and lackadaisical.

As a wise man once said..... his ego is writing cheques that his body cant cash

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

This is pre season. The goal was offside by the way because Carlos was holding the line perfectly with Torres. 

Carlos touched the guy on the chest and he went down clutching his face screaming in a friendly. It was absolutely pathetic.

It’s going to be a long season if the negativity is hammering down after a couple of friendlies. 

Agree on the negativity but his head being gone to the extent that he doesn't even attempt to defend (after the cross has been made - so irrelevant if he is off or not) is not really ok, even in a friendly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Agree on the negativity but his head being gone to the extent that he doesn't even attempt to defend (after the cross has been made - so irrelevant if he is off or not) is not really ok, even in a friendly.

He has got that in him, Palace last day he may as well have been on holiday and let one of the kids play as his attempts to close down/defend were not existance

Its frustrating with him as he can be brilliant as per Arsenal away

55 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Saw the clip of the red. Not sure what Diego is doing but what’s more embarrassing is Openda pretending he’s been hit in the face during the friendly. Both come off looking terrible. 

To be fair he was clattered a couple of times before that, one of them being the classic Diego shoulder to the face from the blind side, and he got a yellow fur reacting to that. Carlos was playing dirty all game, Openda hit back in a clever way, I ain't even mad at it

• Like 1

I’ve just forced myself to watch the first half of last nights match. The performance from Carlos was really poor. He just didn’t seem at all interested or bothered.

That was more than just a poor showing in my view. He didn’t seem mentally at it. Who knows what’s going on. Maybe there’s something wrong in his personal life. I just thought his whole performance was odd from start to finish.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

We’ll get someone sent off during the season no doubt, this helps practice for those. 
Of course it’s far from ideal, but still a good learning point 

Fair point. 

It's not entirely surprising that he's not in a good headspace right now - it's pretty clear that we want to sell him and have been shopping him around but nobody seems to be that interested in him. That'll hurt a bit. 

I don't want this to come across as defending him too much as he really was stupid last night and his actions basically blew Unai's plans for the game. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair he was clattered a couple of times before that, one of them being the classic Diego shoulder to the face from the blind side, and he got a yellow fur reacting to that. Carlos was playing dirty all game, Openda hit back in a clever way, I ain't even mad at it

Fair enough. Diego comes off as a real meat head at times. Stupid way to get himself booked. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Openda played him like a fiddle. Embarrassing a professional got sucked in enough to get himself sent off... in a friendly FFS.

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

We've always know that Carlos has this moments where you just look at him and think "WTF!" but at least he got this clanger out his system in pre-season game. Hopefully we can get through a few games without another one by which time, Ty and/or a new CB may be bought 🙏

Also we mentioned him before but if we had an Openda in our squad to come in when Ollie was rested, it would be so much more effective than thinking Rogers can be a forward otpion  

4 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

We've always know that Carlos has this moments where you just look at him and think "WTF!" but at least he got this clanger out his system in pre-season game. Hopefully we can get through a few games without another one by which time, Ty and/or a new CB may be bought 🙏

Also we mentioned him before but if we had an Openda in our squad to come in when Ollie was rested, it would be so much more effective than thinking Rogers can be a forward otpion  

I doubt clangers are a limited resource you can eventually run out of. Carlos has shown many times already how much he likes to risk getting booked or sent off for absolutely unnecessary reasons.

At his age, I don't think that a red card in a friendly will be the turning point for his maturation 

I’ve only seen a 4 minute highlights clip of which he was sent off after about a minute and a half but what I did see it almost looked like he didn’t want to be there. No effort, intensity or care other than seemingly getting into a scrap with the guy up front. It is only pre season but he is a professional and he should act like it. Pre season is where you get physically and mentally ready for the next season 

4 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Clanger? It was a general lack of effort and looking insanely casual. Let's hope he doesn't rock up with that attitude again.

One of the things I'd use to do stop signing morons.

Seriously, I'm not arsed how good you are if you're thick as mince.

Edited by Tomaszk

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â