Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Utterly pathetic. Also deprives another player some minutes to get some fitness up. 

Emery's face said a thousand words. At least 990 were him swearing. 

Strange player. On his day he can be very good, like against Man City and Arsenal. But other times he's a liability. Maybe he relishes the bigger games? But that inconsistency isn't good enough, you can't be a 9/10 one week then a 4/10 the next.

And that's before we get onto his discipline. He's been very lucky not to be sent off a few times before IMO, elbowing people, raising his arms etc. He's a loose cannon. Tonight Openda got the better of him, scored and got him sent off just because Diego's pride couldn't take it and he's got to be a hard man.

Takes a special kind of stupid to get sent off in a friendly.

Although the ref usually talks to the manager and asks him to sub the player off in those situations. Frustrating player that can be very good, but clearly doesn't have the temperament or consistency we need to be relied on.

embarrassing by openda trying to get someone sent off in a friendly and just as embarrassing by carlos getting involved in it.

I bet emery is real pissed off and it would have prevented the team practicing what they wanted from the week's training.

Just watched the highlights. Forget about what he did to get sent off, his defending for the second goal was absolutely criminal. It was so half arsed. The ball should never have got to Openda in the first place! Not good enough by a long way.

12 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Haven’t seen anything legit suggesting this. Just some randos on X though. Would be very odd considering our depth at the position too.

Would be a year's loan as they don't have much money.

Can't see it as we really would be light at the back.

Fake hard man that gets rag dolled for fun.

No surprise what leadership group he was brought under. Makes sense to keep him as who us going to pay him 100k, but I bet Monchi and Unai would love him out the club.

12 hours ago, CVByrne said:

You lot, seriously! 

He said Impossible? about a return to Seville. He's having fun with the Seville fans, never say never. He has 2 years left on his contract he could possible go there or anywhere in the future. 

Well someone else said it was impossible and he then repeated it with a question mark and a thinking face suggesting it's not impossible.

He looked horrific from the highlights, the cross early on that ended up in Olsen's arms was a half-arsed attempt to make a block and the less said about the goal the better.

Any idea what actually went on between him and Openda on both occasions?

Emery must be fuming. Might as well have called the game off as soon as he got sent off because it's a pointless exercise after that. 

A frustrating player and given his wages, needs to be shipped out this Summer if possible. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Emery must be fuming. Might as well have called the game off as soon as he got sent off because it's a pointless exercise after that. 

We’ll get someone sent off during the season no doubt, this helps practice for those. 
Of course it’s far from ideal, but still a good learning point 

• Like 1

Hasnt been same player since injury for me.

Had a handful of good games but otherwise i think he has been generally shite. He would be gone if a half decent offer came in for him if i had my way 😂

Saw the clip of the red. Not sure what Diego is doing but what’s more embarrassing is Openda pretending he’s been hit in the face during the friendly. Both come off looking terrible. 

39 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We’ll get someone sent off during the season no doubt, this helps practice for those. 
Of course it’s far from ideal, but still a good learning point 

and that person will be Onana - he has deffo got a red card in him 🤣

His problem I think is simple, he's not very intelligent. Overall he has not been great and would prefer not to rely on him. Problem is being villa, he's on a.huge wage for multiple years. Unlikely to find a willing buyer, yet again.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â