Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

What I still find strange is that when we bought him we bought him to be our no.1 centre back. The reports said he was a great passer of the ball, and more of a ball playing defender, and also that he was a left sided centre back that would be replacing Mings. 

I guess the injury didn't help of course but it's strange how some signings work out

His passing isn’t good enough to play Unai’s way. He knows what to do but occasionally shanks one which leads to a chance or like today a goal. As back up CBs go he’s still one of the better ones we’ve had but it’s a very low bar.

We tried to solve a problem at RB today and created two problems because Konsa was poor first half too. 

10 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

What I still find strange is that when we bought him we bought him to be our no.1 centre back. The reports said he was a great passer of the ball, and more of a ball playing defender, and also that he was a left sided centre back that would be replacing Mings. 

I guess the injury didn't help of course but it's strange how some signings work out

When he has time on the ball he actually has a decent range of passes. He has come unstuck recently when he is pressured. 

2 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

but thats just nonsense though.

Was he shit in the 1-0 vs Man City last season?

Was he shit in the 1-0 vs Arsenal last season?

Was he shit in the 2-0 vs Arsenal last season? 

Stop throwing out hyperbole nonsense comments because he was shit today. Have some perspective. 

Early gift away to Bournemouth drew 2-2 

2-0 up at Old Trafford rubbish pass for goal lose 3-2 

Awful.

Gerrard's muck remains lurking in some dark corners of this club.

Laughable from Lange to spend the money we did on him.

Thank god they've both gone. Carlos to follow ASAP.

55 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

I think the injury is massively to blame.

He'd have taken a while to adapt to the PL, but in sure that first season would have seen him acclimatise and be the player we expected.

Losing virtually all of that season, having to then come back from injury and learn a new league, a new way of posting, adapt to a new manager, all while now probably having lost a yard of pace, was always going to be a severe barrier.

In hindsight, you could say we shouldn't have been buying someone his age, from outside the PL, for the money we did anyway. A Gerrard special.

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

He messed up with the goal. but he's only human. Let's support him. He's a good defender. 

He has moments when he loses focus and unfortunately they tend to cost us. But besides that one hospital pass he had a good game. He's really not as bad as he's made out to be on here.

53 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Still fewer mistakes leading to goals than Mings, Konsa or Kamara but hey let’s go to town on the new whipping boy. 

There always has to be one..

• Like 1

Mistakes, and the likelihood of goals conceded from them are priced in by Emery. He knows all of our backline will make big errors now and again because of the way he instructs them to play. It's worth that risk for him. The overreaction to this mistake is unreal.

• Like 1

I really don't rate him, played his part in our recent relative success and an ok squad player who is and was known as a very error prone player before we signed him, but there are much worse 3rd/4th choice options in this league. 

The big issue is his wages, he doesn't justify them and we can't afford to be paying a 3/4th choice error prone defender 100k+ a week.

And I don't care what the stats say, the eye test very clearly shows that he is error prone.

• Like 1

Just now, El-Reacho said:

Mistakes, and the likelihood of goals conceded from them are priced in by Emery. He knows all of our backline will make big errors now and again because of the way he instructs them to play. It's worth that risk for him. The overreaction to this mistake is unreal.

I agree with your point, mistakes should be part of the game and every player makes them, but Carlos mistakes come from lack of concentration not risk.

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Don’t massively rate Carlos. 

But the way you lot are going on it’s like he gives away a goal a game. Which just isn’t true.

A big chance a game. Up to the opponent if they want to score it.

Crap.

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Don’t massively rate Carlos. 

But the way you lot are going on it’s like he gives away a goal a game. Which just isn’t true.

Same here. I think he's a decent defender, but absolutely replacable. However, some of the talk here would make you think he's level with Keane.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â