Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

What a surprise, a decent new signing for us potentially picks up a serious injury a few games into his Villa career, nothing ever changes for us!👎

Hopefully it's like Konsa end of last season. People were worrying he'd be out of rest of the year but he was back for most of pre season.

Really hope he is OK!  Bloke is a beast! If he is out for 3-4 months then I hope we get a loan in.  The thought that for the next 3-4 months Konsa alongside Mings... spacer.png 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s interesting you say this. I was at the game and it was chaos at the time with injuries all over the place and subs waiting to be brought on. So I watched some of the game back this morning, he gets attended to by the club doc who seems to treat him as if he has cramp with the upright leg foot pushing thing but Carlos is pointing to his ankle. There seems then to be a communication issue because then they motion to Emi Buendia who appears to appear to do some translating and a short time late he hobbles off. 

I know, I noticed the exact same thing. He doesn't know English just yet and the trainer seemed to just assume it was a cramp! WTF!

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Really hope he is OK!  Bloke is a beast! If he is out for 3-4 months then I hope we get a loan in.  The thought that for the next 3-4 months Konsa alongside Mings... spacer.png 

You've forgotten Chambers who potentially saved our skin yesterday.

2 hours ago, calcifer said:

Gerrard could wake up and use Chambers.  I ain't seen him have a bad game to be honest.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Gerrard could wake up and use Chambers.  I ain't seen him have a bad game to be honest.

That's just it though he won't,  bloke is stubborn, he keeps playing Coutinho who really is like playing with 10 men!  So Chambers is the obvious choice but Gerrard will go with Konsa... 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

jeese louise, that doesnt look good.

If it is what it looks like, do most players fully recover?

According to a random google link:

Can you play soccer after Achilles rupture?

96% of professional male footballers returned to play after Achilles tendon rupture and repair. On average, players returned to sport fully and participated in official competitions at around 7–9 months; international level athletes had faster recovery rates.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

According to a random google link:

Can you play soccer after Achilles rupture?

96% of professional male footballers returned to play after Achilles tendon rupture and repair. On average, players returned to sport fully and participated in official competitions at around 7–9 months; international level athletes had faster recovery rates.

thanks, i wonder of the percentage that return (which is high), return playing at the same level, ie: a bit like Wesley in terms of returing to play is one thing, but returning to play at the same level is another.

I would guess they do.

Anyway, really bad for us if it is 7-9 months out, he was going to be a key player for us, and i dont trust Konsa.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If he's torn his Achilles he's essentially out for the season which is a hammer blow for us and we'll need another CB if Hause is still going out

Does Man City or Liverpool have a younger guy they want to loan out for experience?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â