Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

On 31/05/2022 at 14:23, Risso said:

mcGinn isn't good enough to be a regular starter, and if he is, and is given the captaincy it'll be another season where mid table will be the best we can hope for.

Absolutely.  If we have genuine aspirations to push the top 8 then McGinn's role has to be less critical rather than more critical to our overall performance.  I hope we sign another midfielder so that they and Kamara can focus on supporting our defence and controlling the middle of the pitch - thereby allowing McGinn or JJ a bit more freedom to roam around doing the things that they do well.  If we burden McGinn with the captaincy he is far more likely to end up being in the wrong part of the pitch at the wrong time and not being in the right part of the pitch doing what we want (and need) him to be doing.  He's a big character off the pitch too and I think we'd either lose some of his edge if he became captain or we'd end up becoming too relaxed as a squad.

On 26/05/2022 at 17:44, MaVilla said:

putting Costa & Mings side by side is interesting, also added Tarkowski, Konsa & Chambers for fyi's:

image.png.df6bcf9974a8bdec5782fe1c8948da2d.pngimage.png.d3decf74d78cf736d011022c9fa947d3.pngimage.png.ed6b17ce320e0149cc37ae0f85f16a17.pngimage.png.93a95cac3bd5621f1a1b1b0759a42650.pngimage.png.632b352344d283e8aa390b9147bbed37.png

Looking at that, if we're judging defensive stats only the Tarkowski and Chambers are head and shoulders above the other three.....

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Olof or Laursen vibes?

I’m hoping it’s ability wise but I think passion wise at least on the pitch.  Sometimes cult heroes aren’t always the best players but fans can relate to them, they get their foot in or give 120% every game.  I’m hoping it’s that and ability to go with it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Interesting in his interview he expects to play with both Coutinho and Luiz next season.

That was my favorite takeaway from this. Hope to see Luiz pushing for a starting #8 spot next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

That was my favorite takeaway from this. Hope to see Luiz pushing for a starting #8 spot next season.

If he won't sign a contract, he's got to go. No faffing about waiting for him to mess off on a free.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â