Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, Lochheads twin said:

Great to see us getting  2 major deals done early in the pre-season window. Both are improvements in areas of weakness and both look as though they will strengthen us in both meanings of the word. Hopefully we will lose that soft underbelly.

Welcome Diego.

The future is bright!

I might be wrong here but the window isn't even officially open yet, we can't transfer player rights until the 1st of June or July so these are pre contracts 

It seems a lot of money for someone close to their thirties and with no PL experience. I know PL experience isn’t the be all and end all but it’s been evident for some time that the rigours of English football far outweigh any other league.

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For those who questioned purslow earlier in the season... I've got complete faith that he knows his way around the FFP bullshit 

Well he did help write up the prem FFP rules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I might be wrong here but the window isn't even officially open yet, we can't transfer player rights until the 1st of June or July so these are pre contracts 

I think if they've come from Europe we can as they have different rules. I may be wrong though

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It seems a lot of money for someone close to their thirties and with no PL experience. I know PL experience isn’t the be all and end all but it’s been evident for some time that the rigours of English football far outweigh any other league.

26 million got a highly rated la liga defender isn’t a lot of money. We paid the same for Mings. Webster was around the same for Brighton I think

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We mean business.  For all the fear of Newcastle, is there anything they can do that we can’t within the parameters of FFP?

I am honestly not that worried about Newcastle as I believe NSWE are just as ambitions, if not more. There is room for both Newcastle and Villa to thrive.

41 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Thiago Silva could be the least erratic CB on the planet.

Yeh I did consider him but tbf he is one the best Brazilian defenders of all time.  I was thinking Luiz, Gabriel, the guy at Real, the guy at Southampton,  Nutters all of them 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

26 million got a highly rated la liga defender isn’t a lot of money. We paid the same for Mings. Webster was around the same for Brighton I think

Yeah realistically these days £26m even if you only get two seasons' decent service out of a player in the PL isn't bad value.  I don't know what kind of wage or length of contract he is on though and that's what might trip teams up but the board know what they are doing and what they feel they can afford.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Are they wrong? 

A key member of one of the best defences in Spain and loved by the Seville fans. 

I'd take that over a Newcastle fan who thinks Dan Burn is better. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's no contract at all in this case, just a fee agreed with Sevilla. Contract and medical to follow, so technically nothing is sorted yet.

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Are they wrong? 

I'm not too worried, all defenders make mistakes. Even the greatest ever made mistakes. As long as the folk at the other end are scoring then it's ok

Edited by Talldarkandransome

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

There's no contract at all in this case, just a fee agreed with Sevilla. Contract and medical to follow, so technically nothing is sorted yet.

I would imagine contract agreed in some way even if not formally signed.

Be a right gaff if it didn't happen due to contract terms having announced on our website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â