Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Harsh on rashford 

I don't think he's distracted I just think he's not as good as he was out to be which is causing him to struggle and his body is knackered, both happening at the same time as being in a poorly managed man utd set up which makes both of those things worse 

People can be nice, but there is no doubt it has effected his performances.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

The difference is delivering on the pitch. If off the field activities aren’t impacting your performance then it’s not an issue.

The criticism comes when your performances drop off a cliff at the same time, see a certain Jesse Lingard. 

So if they're not delivering on the pitch, it's certainly because of their life outside it, as opposed to the myriad of other footballing reasons why form can drop off (such as, in the case of DCL, a serious injury)? 

Edit: Also Jesse Lingard is a terrible example. He got next to zero minutes of playing time in 18 months, went on loan to West Ham and had a barn storming season which showed that he was still a top professional despite a.) not getting any playing time/match fitness and b.) having a life outside football.

Edited by Keyblade

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Same old story with England. A a lot of good players but not many of them are the stand out players in their club team. So when you put them all together it’s not going to be a world class team.  A lot of fingers pointing at Southgate but I just don’t think our players are as good as people think.

Yes they are he is just complete wank

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

People can be nice, but there is no doubt it has effected his performances.

I'm not sold on it

I'm more convinced that playing 350 games by the time he's 24 has more to do with it

Edit - rashford born October 97, TAA born October 98, both in big teams playing in all the competitions, both internationals 

Rashford for utd and England 349

TAA for Liverpool and England 243

Rashford has played a crazy amount of football 

Edited by villa4europe

All of the overweight Sunday morning players in my former teams knew that you always use the opposite foot, farthest from the cross, to tap the ball home. Maybe Sterling & Grealish would take those chances, if they had also finished curries & beers about 10 hours earlier...

If any of us were given the chance to be England manager for a day and just picked a 4-3-3/4-5-1 and went “play with some freedom lads” there is not a **** chance, not a single iota of possibility, that they wouldn’t perform better than Sareth’s England team.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Same old story with England. A a lot of good players but not many of them are the stand out players in their club team. So when you put them all together it’s not going to be a world class team.  A lot of fingers pointing at Southgate but I just don’t think our players are as good as people think.

They seem to be scared to express themselves , just robotic keep the ball and pass it backwards and sideways .. I think that does stem from Safegate so he’s very much to blame 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â